cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIORI Client rollout

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

We wanted to push the FIORI app to end users using our internal MDM (Mobile Device Management) teams.

We wanted to append the custom URL for FIORI and push the app to end users so that users no need to enter the URL.  I have looked yet forums and found few links like below one  for example.

my question is, Where can I change the URL for this FIORI client as global ?  Do I have some environment where I can download and change the URL?

is there any easy to change that URL setting and pass the app libraries to MDM team so that they can push the app.

Thanks

Krish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krish;

Follow this link..

As mentioned in this link, please create a customized version of SAP Fiori client. This will allow you to Configure the URL in the application itself.

You need to 1. download and install SMP SDK

2. Install Node JS and apache Cordova

3. create the customised version of FIORI client as mentioned in the above link.

4. It will provide you XCODE project for fiori client and distribute the iOS APP using MDM solution.

As mentioned here

"

Edit the following file

C:\SAP\MobileSDK3\KapselSDK\apps\fiori_client\FioriClient\www\appConfig.js

and provide values such as those shown below. 

Note the fioriURL should be changed to reflect the webserver that host your SAP Fiori applications uses or to the trial SAP Fiori Launchpad.

Note the website http://jsonlint.com/can be used to validate JSON such the contents of the appConfig variable below.

fiori_client_appConfig = {
    "appID": "com.sap.fiori",
    //"fioriURL" : "
https://www.sapfioritrial.com/sap/hana/uis/clients/ushell-app/shells/fiori/FioriLaunchpad.html?helps...",
    "fioriURLIsSMP": false,
    "certificate": "",
    "autoSelectSingleCert": false,
    "passcodePolicy": {
        "expirationDays":"0",
        "hasDigits":"false",
        "hasLowerCaseLetters":"false",
        "hasSpecialLetters":"false",
        "hasUpperCaseLetters":"false",
        "defaultAllowed":"true",
        "lockTimeout":"10",
        "minLength":"6",
        "minUniqueChars":"0",
        "retryLimit":"0"
    } };

The fioriURLIsSMP setting indicates if the SMP 3.0 server should be used as a proxy to access the SAP Fiori app enabling additional logging, offline OData, push notifications etc.  An example of this being set to true is shown later in this document.

The passcode policy can be set in the SMP 3.0 management cockpit when fioriURLIsSMP is true or in the appConfig.js as shown above when fioriURLIsSMP is false.  Since the passcode policy setting defaultAllowed is set to true, this enables the ability to disable the Passcode screen.

"

Regards,

Sarbjeet Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarbjeet,

I am at step1 , trying to download the software from SAP Service market place as per the help.sap.com link below.

Acquiring the Installer - Installation: SAP Mobile Platform SDK for Windows - SAP Library

I did not see any SMP SDK to download here. I also asked my basis to check they also replied with Same.

Is there a different location I need to check for SMP SDK download.

Thanks

Krish

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can search for "SAP MOBILE PLATFORM SDK" in service market place.

https://websmp206.sap-ag.de/~form/handler?_APP=00200682500000001943&_EVENT=DISPHIER&HEADER=Y&FUNCTIO...

Regards,

Sarbjeet Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sarbjeet.

Working with Basis to get downloaded.

In the mean why SAP cannot give directly .IPA file for customers so that customer can directly import the .IPA file on to their own MDM and make the changes using their App config setting wizard.

For example in our scenario, we have Mass360 MDM, if we have .IPA file , we can simply download and make URL changes in the tool it self .

any reason for not providing Fiori Client .IPA file for customers?

Thanks

Krish

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure whether it is possible to change the configurations using only IPA file.

IPA file is available in itunes. You can download it.

I tried various methods of changing the application settings from our MDM solution (AirWatch) but it had no effect.

Any change to fiori client require you to build the custom one using SMP SDK.

Regards,

Sarbjeet Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarbjeet,

I have installed NODE.js

Ran the below command to create fiori client and I am seeing the below error. Some how it is not creating FIORI client .

Thanks

Krish

Virinchy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krish,

.IPA for IOS is like an .exe file for setting up the app. We cannot make configurations changes in appconfig.js file to assign the URL by using MDM solutions.

A  new .ipa file is to be generated by using SMP SDK after making changes in app.js file

Reason for above error:

Your cordova environment is not setup correctly.

Please install it with below command .

sudo npm install -g cordova

Look at section Installing Apache Cordova with Node.js and Additional Required Software  in,

for prerequisites  (Make Sure cordova version is supported by SMP SDK . The compatibility versions are also mentioned in Installing cordova with Node section)

Hope you are aware that for generating .ipa file you need to setup and execute the commands in a MAC with XCode environment setup

Regards

Virinchy

Answers (0)