cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we deactivate per diems?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP experts,

Any help would be appreciated, since I am bit confused about the travel management module  implemented at my current client.

The client wants to use travel management without having to use or maintain per diem accounting. They just want to record trip expenses in TM and have them settled in accounting. It was agreed that it is possible to do so. However, in tests, the users are prompted all the time with errors related to the country/per diems combination entries.

So, naturally, I tried to deactivate this per diem thing. However, I could only find an option in IMG to allow for 'simultaneous' accounting of receipts and per diems, but nothing about not allowing per diems at all.

According to SAP documentation:

• Specify per diem/flat rate or indiv.receipt reimbursement - You can define, for each trip provision variant, whether the simultaneous accounting of individual receipts and per diems/flat rates is possible for the expense categories ZH>meals, accommodations and travel costs. The system checks as soon as individual receipts are entered in dialog to see if you are allowed to record them without conflicting with the sytem settings.

So what do you think? Am i understanding wrong the function of the module? Is it impossible to deactivate per diems?

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which MOREI are you using?

Per diems are usually switched on for countries, where it's legally required or normal practise.

You should be able to switch it off, but first check you are in the right country.

If so and you can't find the place in IMG, let us know again.

If it's normal to have per diems in the country, I would not rule it out that there's something hard coded - I've never tried to switch it off, when it was the normal legal practice. In that case, maybe tou can trick it into calculating zero for all per diems. But as said: only if it's hard coded by SAP and not configurable.

A lot depends on the country modifier (MOREI, not MOLGA) you use.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your insight.

MOREI used is 11Ireland Accounting. How can I find out if it is hardcoded and if not, do you know what IMG path to use? I searched through it but to no avail.

Otherwise, as you said, I will have to trick it somehow into 0 for all PD.

Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Ireland (11) doesn't seem to be a trip provision variant delivered as standard, so I'd assume it's been copied from another one, is that right?

A good one to copy it from is probably 08 (UK) and if that's not changed re per diems, then you shouldn't have any per diem issues. If you can't make a fresh start, I'd suggest 2 things:

Clear all entries for per diem calculations for MOREI 11 from tables for "Per diem amounts for meals" as well ass "Maximum amounts for meals", if you don't need them either.

Then go to "Define Schema and individual field control" (also transaction FITVFELD) and

- clear flag "per diem meals checkbox set" to have that blank as a default and

- hide the checkbox to switch on per diems from all screens you use

You may have to do this in the WebDynpro appications as well.

Then you should be clean.

best wishes

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you!! It worked this way.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Excellent! Thanks for the update. Suggest you close the case then.

Answers (0)