cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To delete or cancel Inspection lot via replace or debug mode by QA11 in PRODUCTION

0 Kudos

Hi QM Gurus,

In production a inspection lot created by using wrong inspection type which is substitute of 01 inspection type.problem is we want to delete the lot from production.But we don't want to delete the inspection lot from QALS table

Now Usage decision is not possible because UD Code not present & error reflecting selected set code does not exist or data entered is incomplete. (Current Lot status INSP RREC SPCO HUM)

Please Assit !

Thanks in Anticipation

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hi Carig & Arijit,

Thanks for reply!

I understand your concern,But As per business needs we have to deliver solution.

Many Thanks

shailendra

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shailendra,

As suggested by Craig and me, we believe you have ONLY TWO CHOICES to decide -

a) Either to cancel the material movement which in turns cancels the Inspection lot with LTCA status. But doesn't delete this inspection lot form QALS table.

b) Proceed ahead with UD and complete the scenario. This is something eventually for successful cases afterwards.

I believe, you can't just skip the downstream process without providing UD code (even in background in debug), as that's not possible. Thanks for sticking to either of the acceptable business processes.

Thanks,

Arijit

0 Kudos

Hi Arjit,

Thanks for replying,

Actually UD done by debug method.

Thanks for providing prompt responses.

Shailendra

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shailendra,

Thanks for your reply. Please can you confirm with screenshots - if QAVE-VCODE = BLANK or this is having some value for your inspection lot, and if this is BLANK, do you have been able to push the inspection stock to unrestricted use.

Thanks,

Arijit

0 Kudos

Carig,

Actually need to proceed for Usage decision via QA11 by debug or replace mode.By MBST I can't proceed.Because inspection selection wrong & now lot got created.

Arjit,

I don't want to change master data,Hence unable to move to QS51 for setup for at plant level.

Thanks for replying!

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shailendra,

1. You need to understand a few basics here. As Craig correctly suggested, MBST should cancel your material document and hence the linked inspection lot should get the status "LTCA". But that would not impact on the availability of the already created inspection lot in QALS table. This reference will still be there.

2. The next point you said, you do not wish to create QS51UD codes for processing your inspection lots in the relevant inspection plant either. Eventually if you need to use inspection setup in that plant, in future you will HAVE TO create this setup!! Else, all correct inspection lots created in this plant, will be in hanging state without having the possibility for UD in future. Do you understand this?

What was the wrong setup you have done while creating custom copy of inspection type "01"? What is missing here? As you have used a custom copy of inspection type "01" now there are inspection stocks got blocked under the already created inspection lot. So you have to take a decision form the above two choices.

If this is one time exercise, then you can try running the SAP note 48815, program ZQEVAC20 by giving the right material + plant in the input screen. Then using the pencil icon process the inspection lot and the on-hold quality stocks would be free and MvT 321 will happen in background. No need for manual UD. Please note that this is an alternative to option 2, but still this is not deleting the inspection lot.

Thanks,

Arijit

0 Kudos

Arjit

Thanks a lot for making me understand as I am just land up in QM Module.

Actually the thing is user selected wrong inspection type KP01 in QM View in material master & inspection lot created after good receipt of purchase order.

They never used KP01 inspection type which is substitute of 01 Inspection type.

For this purpose they don't want to change selected code sets at configuration level for successful UD.

Now they want to UD which is not possible & UD code not appearing via QA 11 screen.They asking Perform UD in production client by debug using T-code QA11.

Any other options to complete UD.

Thanks

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shailendra,

That's not an acceptable & valid reason here. And that too even if you do debug, you will still need to put some UD code which is available in your inspection plant via QS51!! You can't skip that part

You really need to recheck with your client and understand what is the main difference between inspection type "01" and "KP01". If there are gross impact for using KP01 then only further discussion will be required. If required, after processing this once of record, they can create a CAPA notification in plant to track this particular case for audit purpose.

Please check if there is any UD codes pre-selected for inspection type "01" or not in the below path -

SPRO --> Quality Management => Quality Inspection => Quality Inspection => Inspection Lot Creation => Maintain Inspection Types => 01 and 0130

If this is empty, then for your inspection plant you can select the available UD codes like A (Accept) or R (Reject) for 'Selected Set' = 01, Catalog Type = 3 [Usage decisions] in QS51. Ideally that should be available as 'default options' under that plant. Else, you need to create it for future.

If no discussion can unblock the deadlock for using UD code, then as I suggested before, you can try running the SAP note 48815, program ZQEVAC20 by giving the right material + plant in the input screen. Then using the pencil icon process the inspection lot and the on-hold quality stocks would be free and MvT 321 will happen in background. No need for manual UD.

Thanks,

Arijit

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Making a UD via a debug in a production system is a huge no-no.  If I was a customer of yours and found that out, I'd be seriosuly considering my busines relationship with you.  I don't understand the opposition to doing the MBST.  They messed up...no big deal.. MBST it and re-recive it.  It may be neccesary for you to unlock any results and remove ay values recorded first.

Craig

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shailendra

Please can you confirm why you do not wish to complete the subsequent steps by putting UD? If the UD code is not available, then please check QS51 setup for your plant and do the needful.

Else, cancel the material doc in order to cancel the inspection lot.

Thanks,

Arijit

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why didn't you use MBST to reverse the receipt?  The lot should get a status of LTCA.

Craig