Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RUTILITY_BLUEPRINT_GENERATION delta report

robynhosby
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello experts!

If the business blueprint is generated using program RUTILITY_BLUEPRINT_GENERATION, is it possible to run it again later (in a year) to determine the delta changes in the managed systems?  What is needed to get this delta report?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes, you can run as many times as you want.Please make sure UPL is activated in managed system.

Thanks

Rishav

robynhosby
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Rishav. I assume then that you manually review the differences between the old and new Process Step Libraries, correct? Then, manually update the Business Process if needed, correct?

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robyn

We will create a template project from the the business blueprint generator project and we donot use that project directly.

Further we integrate that with the charm and any developments should be maintained in the project derived from that template project.

At last we will perform the compare and adjust the derived maintenance project with template project.

Yes at that point of time we will run the business blueprint report again to see any development or new functionality need to be incorporated in our template project. We will do it through another maintenance project and do compare both.

Changes and comparison between business blueprint generator project and maintenance project is done manually.

I hope it answered your query.

Thanks

Rishav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robyn,

Did u find the steps to generate the delta blueprint using RUTILITY_BLUEPRINT_GENERATION and update the master blueprint project in solar01?

Rg,

Karthik

robynhosby
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

No. It appears to be manual.

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robyn,

For solution documentation(projects/solutions) where you have an existing project/solution with process structure the delta changes can easily be identified using

Solution Documentation Assistant (it is also a separate workcenter in solman_workcenter)

it is not possible with above report etc as it is for initial documentation only. otherwise you ended up in generating many different project and then comparing them.

1. In solution Documentation assistant, when you create a new analysis project you need to use source as existing project
  2. then run analysis on above

Solution Documentation Assistant Work Center - SAP Solution Manager - SAP Library

The result will show the entire usage of your project 

this is the solution you are looking for and should resolve your issue

Thanks

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

Using the RUTILITY_BLUEPRINT_GENERATION report, we can able to generate new and delta project using ST03N or UPL data using Logging Detail (1 or 2) option.

Also we can able to compare the master project using (SAP Solman Project for Delta option) in teh report and generate the only delta hierarchy.So it save huge effort and time . We are currently using this report. it is working fine.

Then open master project in Solar01 map the source as delta project and copy all the delta changes.

Currently issue is,

1. If the delta in the existing Business scenario, then we need to copy and move one by one to the Business scenarion node. i am not sure any easy steps to move the existing business scenario delta in one shot to Master BB project?

2. but if the delta has new Business scenario, then it is very easy to copy the source and add in the master BB project.

So every time we able to delete and generate the updated delta BB and copy the existing master BB project in Soalr01.So functional/technical team add the document and use for Test Suit.

But in SDA it only create the analysis project.so we need to manually create Business scenario and other step in soalr01 refer to SDA analysis. it consume more time and effort.

Please let me know any other/better way to update the delta in Solar01.

Rg,

Karthik

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Well that it is not the case where you have to do manual activities with SDA and this is why I recommended it instead using that report as you have to do a lot of comparison manually and updation as well which you have mentioned.

you didn't have to do any manual activity with SDA as mentioned

you can create a new analysis project based upon solman project which means once you generate analysis on this analysis project .....it is your delta only

since the analysis result will show based upon the no. of months whether you are using every process(standard+custom) or not and in additional whatever is not mapped into your project getting used or not.

This has more advantages way beyond that report as you can't do all this with it. In addition Analysis do offer good reporting capability which you can download email etc.

further you can directly update the entire solman project directly from analysis since it is the source.

I recommend you to please read it more carefully to understand the concept as it works very well.

Infact you can create many rule for your custom transaction etc to know their usage as well.

I hope this clarifies and help you further.

Thanks

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

Analysis project is not only creating delta, it is having whole list of t.code which is already having in master BB project.

Any setting needs to provide for only delta generation?

Also how to map the delta analysis project in soalr01 and add all the delta t.code in master BB project?

Rg,

Karthik

ehartzs
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Prakhar,

I used both Soldoca and RUTILITY.  I liked the first one since take into consideration a process oriented approach.  The second one is using Development class which I don't like it very much.

However in the wiki page of Solution Manager says:

SAP Solution Manager WIKI - Solution Documentation and Implementation - Solution Manager - SCN Wiki

Reverse Business Process Documentation (RBPD)

RBPD is not anymore recommended as the preferred method for initial solution documentation. Please refer to the section "Automated Blueprint Generation" above to find more information on the preferred method.

The RBPD content will not be updated anymore.

It seems that this will NOT work in Solman 7.2.  What is your  opinion on that?

Regards

Esteban Hartzstein

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Esteban,

RBPD is only good for 7.1 and ofcourse it is not all available in 7.2 version due to many enhancements in the new version for NEW Solution Documentation.

I don't want to divert from topic here which is more of doing analysis of current usage/delta identification and adapting delta's rather than entire RBPD which is different subject.

Please open a new thread if required

Many thanks

Prakhar

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

I recommend you to please attend the EGIs session if possible and refer the documentation.

It is possible to update the existing project based upon your analysis outcome.

Thanks

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

SAP fixed report RUTILITY_BLUEPRINT_GENERATION using SAP note 2363308 and now i am getting proper delta form ST03n or UPL stat records.

Also please check the below docs for compare and adjust the master blueprint and add the delta project in Solar01.

t.code SA_PROJECT_UPGRADE or go to solar_project_admin -> got -> Compare and adjust

https://support.sap.com/content/dam/library/SAP%20Support%20Portal/support-programs-services/solutio...

Rg,

Karthik

robynhosby
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Prakhar! I'll take a look.

Answers (0)