Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing dataprovider from Unv to BICS

former_member204024
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am planning to change dataproviders from UNV to BICS in batch.  I am on 4.1 SP 5 (<build>14.1.5.1501</build>).

How to address the optional parameter on BW query.  If I am not answering them it keeps on popping up when posting the proposal.

Any other known issues / best practices.  Kindly share your thoughts.

Thanks.

Regards,

Subramanian S.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

daniel_paulsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Subramanian

What happens if you do this workflow (UNV --> BICS on a report with an optional parameter in the query) using the Webi Rich Client or BI Launchpad.

Are you forced to answer the optional prompt?

If not, then when using the REST SDK, are you leaving the optional prompt out of the request body all together or are you providing the prompt information (id, name, technicalName) without and answer? 

Is the prompt part of a hierarchy?

Dan

former_member204024
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

Sorry for the delayed response.

The workflow in Rich client.

Select BEx from the data source.  Navigate to the query on the connection in which the universe is built.  After a brief wait the mapping is displayed.  Most of them will be in the ambigous state.  Verify the mapping and click on finish.  It will display the prompt screen with both required and optional parameter.  Answer the required prompts this time it will be on BO format.  Again the prompt screen is displayed in BW format.  Answer the required prompts.  Click on Ok.  The data provider will be repointed.

The workflow in REST.

Get the proposal for the target bex query id.  Most of them will be in ambigous state.  Post the proposal.  It will result in the mapping with prompt grammer.  It will list both the optional and mandatory prompts.  In normal unv to unx workflow we can remove the optional prompt from the document and post it to get the data provider repointed to unx.  But here (BEx query target) when we remove the prompt and answers only the mandatory prompt.  The response document contains only the optional prompts.  When we just include them without answer its getting modified.  Its confusing.

Its not a hierarchical prompt.

Kindly clarify.

Regards,

Subramanian S.