cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Creating RFC destination using hana cloud trial account

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to create a RFC destination using hana cloud trial account. After filling up all necessary credential, when I am testing the connection it gives me the following error.

Check connection result: Check connection for destination type: RFC is not supported.

jco.client.client  - ***

jco.client.group - ***

jco.client.lang - EN

jco.client.mshost - ***

jco.client.r2name - ***

Anyone has anyidea? why it giving such error.

Thanks,

Srikant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ulrich_Schmidt
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Srikant,

it's not an error. It just says "test connection for RFC is not supported". (Test connection can performed only for HTTP at the moment.)

Just make a "real" call against the destination, for example using function module RFC_PING, and then you will see, whether the destination works ok.

Best Regards, Ulrich

0 Kudos

Hi Ulrich,

Thanks for the reply. I have successfully added the ABAP function "BAPI_FLIGHT_GETLIST" in Hana Cloud Connector in the "Active Control" tab. I  have created the RFC destination using all the details. When testing the connection it is showing that message.

My requirement now is to create a REST web service and using the RFC destination I will call the BAPI function using the HCI. You are saying that, the test connection is not available for RFC, but it will work if I call the RFC function from my REST webservice? 

Thanks,

Srikanta satapathy

Ulrich_Schmidt
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanta,

sure, just try it!

Check in the SCC: if the tunnel got connected successfully and if you can ping the R/3 system from the SCC, the connection should also work end-to-end.

Regards, Ulrich

0 Kudos

Hi Ulrich,

I tried with the sflight application. When trying to fetch the flightList I am getting the following error.

2016 02 09 12:44:55#+00#ERROR#org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/sflight-web].[CXFServlet]##S0008649472#http-bio-8041-exec-9#na#s0008649472trial#sflight#web#s0008649472trial#Servlet.service() for servlet [CXFServlet] in context with path [/sflight-web] threw exceptionjava.lang.RuntimeException: org.apache.cxf.interceptor.Fault: com.sap.conn.jco.JCoException: (102) JCO_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Initialization of repository destination dest_sflight failed: Opening connection to backend failed: Opening connection denied. Expose the system in your SAP HANA Cloud connector in case it was a valid request.

at org.apache.cxf.interceptor.AbstractFaultChainInitiatorObserver.onMessage(AbstractFaultChainInitiatorObserver.java:116)

at org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain.doIntercept(PhaseInterceptorChain.java:331)

at org.apache.cxf.transport.ChainInitiationObserver.onMessage(ChainInitiationObserver.java:121)

at org.apache.cxf.transport.http.AbstractHTTPDestination.invoke(AbstractHTTPDestination.java:239)

at org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.ServletController.invokeDestination(ServletController.java:223)

at org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.ServletController.invoke(ServletController.java:203)

at org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.ServletController.invoke(ServletController.java:137)

at org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.CXFNonSpringServlet.invoke(CXFNonSpringServlet.java:158)

Also I have checked the /etc/services file and it contais the entry  "sapgw33   3333/tcp"

Can you please tell me what is the exact problem?

Thanks,

Srikant

Ulrich_Schmidt
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanta,

well, the error message already tells you the solution:

"Opening connection to backend failed: Opening connection denied. Expose the system in your SAP HANA Cloud connector in case it was a valid request."

In the SCC you need to create a hostname mapping for the backend system. (In case you did that already, there is probably a typo in the hostname somewhere. Compare whether the (virtual) hostname in the destination and in the SCC hostname mapping match exactly.)

Regards, Ulrich

Answers (0)