Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable time evaluation control in Travel Expense

former_member189496
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have the following problem, I have a dedicated system for Travel Expense, a separate system for HR and another separated system for FI.

We get HR data thru ALE. A have a lot of different companies having their own customizing and processes for payroll and time.

For some employees, in the infotype 0003 (payroll status), I have for time evaluation the date "PDC recalculation" lower than the date in field "Earl.pers.rec.date".

Then when I try to change the trip status I receive the error message : Earliest pers. retroacct. date is after PDC recalc. date.

And I can not create a posting for this expense.

Do you know if we can deactivate this test on time evaluation dates ? I assume I don't care those dates for Travel Expense !

If I change the date thru PU03 then I do not have the message and I can perform the posting. The issue it that TM is not owner of HR data and so I'm not supposed to change HR data in TM system.

So best would be to remove this control on dates of IT0003 because for me I don't see the relation with HR (payroll and time) !
Payment are done by FI (vendor) and we have no interface to payroll.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Christophe

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

2 options

1) If I read your info correctly, the right thing to do would be to check what's happening in your HR system, as this situation shouldn't really occur. It's not so much a question of whether it's needed for expenses: the system sees data in IT0003 is inconsistent and it doesn't like that. Not sure how this inconsistency is created and dealt with in HR

2) As you don't need the time retro trigger in the travel system, you should be able to clear the field in ALE config. Then it won't bother you.

On a different note: I've never seen a convincing case, why travel & expense should be a system of its own. Why not have it in the HR or FI box? It's a residual of the old days, when security concepts weren't understood, so separate systems were used instead of proper authorisations.

Ever thought about consolidating?

It may not be worthwhile any more with SAP Travelmanagement on its death bed and a switch to Concur likely soon, but if you intend to run it for another 5 years or so, consolidating may still be a good move.

former_member189496
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sven,

Thank you very much for your help. I didn't think about changing the values in the ALE ! So simple !

So I will go with option 2

As said, HR is not Under my responsability so I will not waste time to analyse further if it's an issue or not for HR !

Finance systems are not consolidated, we are posting to 5 diffefents FI system for the moment. So it is not possible to merge TM with FI.

HR is centralised and would be the best candidate to receive TM. But for "governance" reason we decided some years ago to get our own system. Additionaly HR will abandon SAP soon

We are running the system since arround 10 years now and we have new companies to implement now (arround 20 !). So I assume we will keep TM on SAP for some years

We had a presentation of concur and at the moment I'm not convince that it is so flexible then SAP

Best regards,

Christophe

Answers (0)