Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhancement for Inquiry along with Mail sending with Attachment

Pavan_Golesar
Active Participant

Hello Gurus,

Scenario:

Although I got an requirement to send mail to user with this attachment on SAVE of the Inquiry Change Screen only..

I am able to trigger the Mail but I am not finding the suitable Enhancement for this case.

Somehow I managed to find user exit USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT  in include MV45AFZZ BUT IT DOES NOT GET TRIGGER ON SAVE OF ATTACHMENT BUT ONLY GETS TRIGGER IF I MADE ANY CHANGES INQUIRY (WEIRD AS IT DOESN'T TREAT ATTACHMENT AS A CHANGE TO SALES DOCUMENT).

As you can see in below image I am trying to create an attachment for an Enquiry in SAP ECC system.

Would appreciate any comment.

Copying to other Spaces too: ,

Thanks,

Pavan G

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Pavan_Golesar
Active Participant

Gosh, it a tough break to get the functionality acheived as the user Exit mentioned above is triggered only when there is certain change in the Sales document (Inquiry) other than ATTACHMENT Creation.

Although I am able to hit the break point at class: CL_GOS_SRV_ATTACHMENT_CREATE.

Regards,

Pavan G

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

GOS functionality is generic (as the name implies) and is separate from the sales order functionality. You won't be able to use any sales user exits here. GOS is used in many other transactions in SAP, not just in Sales, so above mentioned class would get called in those places too.

Google -> send gos attachment by email site:sap.com -> many SCN posts on this.

Make sure to search thoroughly before posting questions on SCN.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

You can send the attachment out, along with the inquiry but not with standard message determination (at least it is hard and would require quite some programming). However, I am pretty sure that you will be able to do this using workflow. This can pick up the attachtment (preferably stored on a Document Server) and send it out together with the e-mail.

Sjaak

former_member186940
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Please check following notes,

SAP note 530792 (Storing documents in the generic object services  904711 (SAPoffice: Where are documents physically stored)

regards,

Amol