cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Loading for IBP for Finance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Any sugestion on data loading strategy for Integrated Business Planning for Finance?

Has anybody used BW method (PSA -> DTP -> IBP Infocube), or something else?

We're implementing SFin, and need to load Planning data from a legacy system to IBPF in order to make "actual x planned analysis" in real time and calculate planned activity prices.

Regards,

Gabriel Salvatti

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

"actual x planned analysis" in real time and calculate planned activity prices.

I have never heard that it's possible to calculate activity prices in IBP. As far as I now it's planned...

As an option you can post plan using bapi to ERP. Or create additional cube and assign it to SFin's multi provider

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's not possible to calculate activity prices in IBP and I don't want to do it. My intention is to load planning data from a legacy system to IBP, and later from IBP to ERP (which is available). Activity prices will be  calculated in ERP.

I'm just asking if somebody has loaded massive data in IBP (I'm talking about 3 million lines or more) and which strategy has been adopted...

Remember that I must have planning data in IBP (not just Cost center planning data, but also Profit Center plan) for Actual x Plan real time analysis, once I don't have a Profit Center Planning in ERP anymore with the adoption of Simple Finance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gabriel,

Very interesting question, the couple of implementation I worked were starting a fresh and we did not have a lot of migration scenarios.

Do keep us posted on your final solution.

On the point of Profit center planning, Do check the note-"2253067- Classic FI based Profit Center Planning can be re-activated".

You can use PC planning, but I am not sure of your version.

Regards

Rishab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

then you have the only options - copy external data to BI content(as far as I remember planning data is stored in infocube /ERP/SFIN_R01 )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishad,

Very interesting note, but I found it more useful for a migration (ECC -> SFin) project.

We're working with the BW team to try migrating data using BW tools. The following document can be helpful, but instead of extracting data from a Standalone BPC, a CSV file could be the source:

As soon as we confirm the strategy to be used, I'll update this forum.

Regards