cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Differences between the Mapping types.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a query we are using the diff types of mappigs i.e.

1 Graphical Mapping

2. Java Mapping

3 XSLT Mapping

4 ABAP Mapping.

what are the differences in the above types and davantages and disadvanteages.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prasanthi_chavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<b>1 Graphical Mapping</b> The classical mapping what u see in message mapping. advantage is u need not code explicitly. disadvantage is very complex req cannot be met. this gives way to the below mappings

<b>2. Java Mapping</b> advantage is u can use both sax and dom parsers

<b>3 XSLT Mapping</b> simpler than java mapping but u cannot use much of API's..u might have the option of looks up in xslt mapping

<b>4 ABAP Mapping.</b> i'm not sure if sax parsers are aviable here. so far i had seen use of dom parsers in the sdn forums for abap mapping

look here for performance test on the above mapping:

/people/udo.martens/blog/2006/08/23/comparing-performance-of-mapping-programs

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

You have the lot many of links for all above four type of techniques,

See the below link for performance wise..

Comparing Performance of Mapping Programs - /people/udo.martens/blog/2006/08/23/comparing-performance-of-mapping-programs

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Graphical mapping -> We choose this mapping if the messages are small and no much complicated mappings are necessary...This is done by just dragging from sender to receiver message in the IR

Java Mapping-> This is done when the mapping is a bit complex...this mapping give a lot of flexibility .you can also access runtime constants like senderName or receiverName to implement a mapping that depends on message header

content.

XSLT Mapping->

Messages are in the form of XML documents. XSL Transformation (XSLT) is a member of the XML family of languages. It describes how an XML structure is transformed into another XML structure. We can even call external Java methods to convert XML messages

ABAP Mapping ->

This is based on ABAP OO classes

Regards

Krishna

former_member335553
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

please refer these threads which has all info