cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VF04 picked up 2007/08/09 invoices suddenly

former_member218287
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts, We have a background job which is responsible for VF04 processing and billing. So this background job processes all the deliveries in due for billing and makes bills for each of them. The variant is based on the Sales Organization / Billing types and date selection covers overall from 2002 till 9999. But last night this job suddenly billed 100 to 150 invoices which were all intercompany (IV) invoices and all those document flows were from 2009/2008 backdated flows for which the billing was not at all required at this time and of course of all there was accounting error since the posting periods are closed. Now we do not understand why this might had happed or what changes must have triggered these. And how to further avoid this from happening since stopping this daily job is not an option. Also VFX3 is messed now, that needs to be cleared as well. To further analyze this I checked the variants of the Job (No changes were made) One point to be noted that all the bills has one thing common which is the material number, all are for same material. We also checked the change logs of this material and again it had no recent changes. Please advise. Thanks Kaushik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A change in the material master can never affect already existing documents.

But there can be countless other options, like:

Somebody had executed RVV05IVB to rebuild the document index

If your deliveries are billed today  then they were  relevant for billing before.

So the question is: why they were not billed?

Or have they been billed and the billing documents got archived in the meantime,

and somebody executed a report to recalculate the document status and since the billing document are not available anymore the status was changed?

User exits can also have some impact.

As it happened all of a sudden I would certainly check which changes got transported into your production system the day before it happened.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kaushik,

Did you validate some mass change in sales orders about billing block status. As you say all the deliveries were from the same material, and you use a date interval from 2002 to 9999, the open deliveries must be billed from the beginning. If this situation never happened before, I suspect you had a billing block in the sales orders, all of them regarding this material.

Validate the situation from this point of view...

I hope this help you to discover the missing point...

Regards,

David

michael_kozlowski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One small thing. Check in VF04 whether "Intercompany Billing" is ticked or not.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

VF04 is driven only by the selection criteria and billing status. If you have date range from 2002 (why?) and those documents (orders? deliveries?) from 2008 were eligible for billing then I'm actually surprised they were not billed before.

I'd check if the invoices were actually created by the background job (user ID might be an indicator). Once we had a similar issue and it was just a user who mis-typed when running VF04.

As a best practice, we simply should not have open items linger in VF04. Cancel the invoices, clean up VF04 and move on.