Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VF04 triggered 2007/08/09 invoices suddenly yesterday

former_member218287
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a background job which is responsible for VF04 processing and billing. So this background job processes all the deliveries in due for billing and makes bills for each of them.

The variant is based on the Sales Organization / Billing types and date selection covers overall from 2002 till 9999.

But last night this job suddenly billed 100 to 150 invoices which were all intercompany (IV) invoices and all those document flows were from 2009/2008 backdated flows for which the billing was not at all required at this time and of course of all there was accounting error since the posting periods are closed.

Now we do not understand why this might had happed or what changes must have triggered these. And how to further avoid this from happening since stopping this daily job is not an option. Also VFX3 is messed now, that needs to be cleared as well.

To further analyze this I checked the variants of the Job (No changes were made)

One point to be noted that all the bills has one thing common which is the material number, all are for same material. We also checked the change logs of this material and again it had no recent changes.

Please advise.

Thanks

Kaushik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The first thing that comes to mind is that somebody might have tried to reorganize SD billing index without a suitable selection criteria. If this is the case - not many people would have such authorization in PRD, so it is not impossible to check.

former_member218287
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Veselina,

Thankyou for responding,

As discussed in content, the Bulling duelist is accessed by a background job.

A background ID has all the authorizations which a normal user will not have.

Also we must think of any configuration change which might had effected the BDL?

Not sure

Thanks

Kaushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

Could you please check on whether any Billing Block was removed recently from the preceding documents ?

Any workflow approval process have removed the block and hence the creation of the billing document ?

Since you have the variant saved for 2002 to 9999 - there is a possibility that the old documents can get triggered today for billing document creation. Please let me know if otherwise.

Please check and share your results - will be helpful for our future references.

Thanks and regards

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Probably there is a misunderstanding.

I was not referring to the background job setup - I believe you that it is properly configured.

However, the job selects documents from table VKDFS - SD index: Billing Initiator, to create SD invoices, so if for some reason there are incorrect entries (incorrect from business perspective), it will take them and attempt billing creation.

There is a very informative note, which explains the concept of worklists and how the reorganization report, which I suspect as a culprit, works 128947 - Correction of SD document indexes with RVV05IVB. If you have not come across it, I strongly recommend that you read it.

If the billing relevance for an item category was changed (from ' ' to 'A' for example) after some documents were created, this would not affect them and they will get 'completed' status after goods issue. But if you run billing index reorganization, they will appear in VKDFS and you will be able to invoice them.

If somebody made changes in Set Updating of Partner Index, he would probably run this report as well.

It is possible that these documents were just blocked for billing, but I find it very unlikely that this was the designed and approved solution at that time.

Checking VF04 with selection for blocked documents is typically a part of the weekly/monthly tasks for the billing department, so somebody must have seen them them years ago - if not the users, then the auditors would have noticed.

Not to mention that you cannot archive deliveries in process.