cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GATP check on Components without exploding BOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a requirement where we want to do Sales order GATP check for Components and we don't want to Show BOM Component line items in the Sales Order.

For eg-

We have X as FG

A & B are components

So we want to have only Material X in the Sales Order and when we do ATP check on that it should show availability of Material A & B and Calculate final RDD according to availability of Components.  But We don't want to keep components A & B in the line item of the Sales Order.

Is that possible in Standard SAP design?

If yes, please let me know the Steps

Thanks,

Mohit Bhagat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think Standard MATP setup should be able to handle it. Have you tried that already ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not Yet...I was trying to use CTP only , Will explore more on MATP

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mohit,

Part 1 i.e.., ATP check based on components and correlating the confirmation at Header Product is possible. Read about BOM Correlation.

Part 2 :- Suppressing those components from Sales order is something that I m not sure. What is the business scenario ? Why would you want to suppress them in Sales order ? Are they adding up to the cost ?

Cheers,

Babu Kilari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

Part 1 is clear-  I am able to do that.

Part 2-  Business has this specific case where they have different product numbers for different UOMs of same material. So If some Sales Order is placed for Pack , we need to check EA product and confirm the Order accordingly. And also in the Order we only want to see Pack material only, no line item for EA material.

We are exploring all the options, as design has not been finalized yet.

Cheers,

Mohit Bhagat