cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IDM 7.1/7.2 migration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have both SAP IDM 7.1 and 7.2 which needs to be migrated to a different data center (Windws/MS SQL). Can you please outline the brief migration plan. We have extended support for IDM 7.1 since it is already out of support. Main concern is migrating the Identity center database.

For IDM 7.2 - do we need to just follow the steps in system copy guide of IDM database for 7.2. What would be the best approach to migrate the mxmc_db (identity center db) to the target. Will back up/restore (MS SQL) work for this IDM database or do we need to back up/restore the mxmc db and then follow the steps in the system copy guide for IDM 7.2.

For IDM 7.1 - there is no guide for 7.1. So what would be best approach to migrate the IDM db.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vijay,

You'll need to work with your DBAs to have them move the database.  I don't recall if the 7.2 process will work for 7.1, but in the past DBAs I have worked with can handle this.

Basic process would be to make sure that all connections to the database are down, which means stopping NetWeaver IDM Services, all dispatchers and event agents.

Of course always having a backup of the DB and logs is a good idea.

Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the details.

For IDM 7.2 - should I follow the below sequence.

1. Move the IDM database to target

2. Follow the steps given in the system copy of IDM database for 7.2 which involves creating the scripts.

Regards,

Vijay.

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

For 7.2 I would follow the documentation in the system copy document and use the provided jobs.

Matt