cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alerts in SAP PI 7.31 single stack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My requirement is to email/SMS the alerts on failed messages(mapping error)/channels in error for a particular ICO. I followed the link by Michal

and created job to execute for every 2.5 mins and check for any failed messages or channels in error & process alert accordingly. But no alert is being triggered to my mail account even though 1 channel is in error ? Should the mail server be in same network of PI? Also I mentioned only "mail.from" , "mail.smtp.host"of my account and also are "mail.smtp.password", "mail.smtp.user" are required to send email to mail account? We have SOLMAN in our landscape. Kindly suugest.

Thanks,

Nithin.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nidhi_srivastava22
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nithin,

Yes you are right the mail server should be in your SAP landscape.You can contact your basis team to get the exact details.

Also, you need to mentioned the password property. User is not mandatory property and its default value can be considered.

PFB the screenshot from NWA from our current landscape, for which alert is getting triggered for any message failures.

Please check and configure accordingly.

Thanks,

Nidhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nidhi,

Thank you for detailed explanation! Mail server is not yet configured in our landscape.I will try once it is setup.

Thanks,

Nithin.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nithin,

check the below link and make sure you have done all the steps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Thanks for response, by following above link can we trigger alerts to users who uses mail box that is not in landscape too?

Thanks,

Nithin.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nithin,

If you configure mail host in the alerts you can send anywhere(need not be in landscape).

But make sure that host is allowed to hit from your PI system.