cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basics for MDM PCM Project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I am not able to open <b>MDM Publisher</b>.... It is showing below error.

"<b>This application has failed to start because xerces-c_2_6.dll was not found</b>."

I have uninstalled it and installed it number of time but still showing same error..

<b>I also want to know</b>: <b>How to start working on PCM project</b>. I know about the pdf available on SMP.. Please don't send much links and all.. If any one implementing SAP MDM in <b>PCM scenario</b> than let me know basic details on very urgent basis. I have enough knowledge of SAP MDM 5.5 SP03 and SP04 but not PCM side....

Also want to know about pre defined containt provided by SAP. Should I use Inquera Repository or any other?

Please treat it urgent,

Regards,

Ron

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

xerces-c_2_6.dll problem -

Install the latest patch from the Service market place.

I faced this problem, when I upgraded, the problem is gone.

Install the correct version of the layout server and start the layout server.

When the publisher comes up, it will ask you to choose a layout server.

You have to set up the family struture using the Family mode.

Here in addition to the Taxonomy categorization, you can categorize further based on lookup values and text attributes.

Ex: If you want your publication to be grouped by Manufacturers, then you have to partition using this lookup field.

This is done so that you can attach selling points and product group images at the family level.

Once this is done, you work in the MDM publisher in the layout mode.

In the layout mode, you create a layout for the families you are interested in. Like font, table pivot, column heading etc.

In the Publisher, then you work on the publishing mode. Here you can refine further the styles. For Qualified tables, you can choose what non qualifier records should be printed in the catalog.

Ex: In MDM, if you maintain USA and Canada Pricing, and in the publisher you want to publish a catalog for USA customers, then you would choose the non qualifier USA. This way only USA prices are printed in the catalog.

Final step is the actual quark or adobe in design document publishing. For this you have to install the plug in.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks A.T.

One more thing, Can you please tell me How can I start working on PCM project.. As I mention above I have a knowledge of SAP MDM SP03 and SP04 for CDI project... What should I read first before working on PCM... Links ,Documents and your thoughts will be helpful...

Regards,

Ron