cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Afaria Windows Client auto connect

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is it possible to run the Afaria Windows Client to able to auto-connect?

We are looking into having the Afaria Client to connect without an user intervention, as part of a Logon sequence.

For example running the exe file for the client with a switch, ore something else that will acheive this.
Like "XeClientUI.exe /connect".

If it is not possible is there any way where you can schedule a "connect" ?

/Mikael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

chris_redel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Mikael,

I recommend you creating a schedule on the Afaria admin UI. The schedule can be assigned to a windows configuration policy or session policy. On the schedule it's possible to enable "Run at startup" if missed.

br Chris

former_member197903
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Chris,

I have already created the session policy to Run every 15 min, but i see so many users not getting connected.

Any suggestions?

Regards,
VP

tracy_barkley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

VP,

If you wanted to, you could also generate an XEC file for the channel you wish to run,  populate it on the client and then do the command line xeclient <filename>  and that should accomplish what you are asking.

Tracy

former_member197903
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Tracy,

Thank you for your reply.

I am not able find documentation on this. Could you please help me on that.

Regards,
VP

tracy_barkley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

VP,

I would be happy to help.  Open Channel Administrator.  Select your channel.  This brings up two tabs on the right window. Click HTML. Check the box for enable HTMP Parameter File Generation.

Note parameter file file path.  Click save.  Go get the XEC file from the path noted, and this is what you can send down to the client.  In the following screen shot, you would run xeclient regtest.xec

Tracy