cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is SAP standard solution for storing UPS, FEDex etc tracking numbers on deliveries? Which field, tables etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been looking through the forum and see that some people interface parcel tracking tab in the header of the outbound delivery for storing tracking Numbers, If i used the parcel delivery tab is there special configuration for this? i want to know a standard way of storing tracking numbers for outbound deliveries and where exactly on the delivery is it( what field?) - and what tables will be updated with this information

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joey,

Indeed, extra configuration is needed to use the express delivery tabs. Please review this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/a7/1cbf53d25ab64ce10000000a174cb4/content.htm

Besides this, if you want to track you delivery, functionality is available for it in the shipping documents. For this you need to implement transportation in ECC (partly).

Good luck with finding out how it works.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Joey,

There are lot of ways of mapping such tracking numbers into SAP delivery document. If you want to store Bill Of Lading Number, then you can directly use the LIKP-BOLNR for that purpose. But that's one tracking number per delivery.

In case if you have carton tracking numbers, then you have to store those in the carton level (Packing HU level). In one of my previous projects, I had to store the warehouse tracking numbers at the time of pick (coming via pick / pack interface) and then also to store the carrier tracking numbers (UPS / FedEx). Carrier tracking numbers came at the time of PGI. We had 2 different interfaces for pick/pack and PGI.

In that case, this is how I mapped it in to HU.

When the pick / pack came in, the warehouse tracking numbers were stores in the HU "Driver" field in the "Means of Transport data" tab.

When the PGI came in, the carrier tracking numbers were stored under the field called "Alt. Driver" field. We renamed those 2 field labels to match the business meaning.

It's all about how you want to map SAP fields in to your requirement.

Hope this helps!

Thanks much.

Regards,

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Simon. We currently store our tracking numbers that way. We wanted to see if we can try to leverage the use of the parcel tracking tab in the delivery header without XSI. We'll probably just stick to the solution of storing the tracking numbers at the packing level since we wont be using SAP to ship but a third party WMS to interface for the tracking numbers.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP seems to be actively pushing Transportation Management module (which is pretty cool, by the way), so why would they update good old SD they can't get more money for.

We use BOL field mentioned above, but we don't need multiple tracking numbers for the same delivery. Other than what's already mentioned here I seriously doubt you'll find an "out of the box" solution in standard SAP SD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joey,

Sorry for the late reply. If I were you, I would first look for the documentation about express deliveries. I think it should cover most of your needs. For transportation, you will need to do settings on routes, route determination, shipment documents etc. From the overview you sent, you only have to do the general settings and the settings for shipment documents. Pricing you will not need for now (or do you want to process the invoices automatically as well?). You will find a lot of info on this in the help files and on SCN.

Good luck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply S. Van den Berg, I have read the documents concerning express deliveries but many shipping companies dont support XSI (it is quite outdated). A lot of the threads i see for it are from 2010 or prior and it seems  like it will be needed for this config and development. Is there a way of doing this without xsi?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure. Anyhow, for an detailed overview, you can read this:

http://www.slideshare.net/brishel/SAPXSIExpressdelivery409

In the following thread it seems as if you can also use this with your own interface and not specifically XSI.

And here is the customizing you can use for parcel tracking (via shipments)

Regards,

Sjaak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the link, what exactly in transportation do i need to configure in order to track the delivery via fedex ups tracking number? i originally have an MM background so new to the shipping & transportation realm of things

s

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check LIKP - BOLNR field (Bill of Lading) field. This field is editable even after the PGI is done.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinu,

This will not work because we will need to store multiple tracking numbers within a delivery