cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP JAVA Note details REALESE SP PATCH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I going to apply some notes, for example I want to update SAP_XIIGW_APPL software component by this note 2247644

In note says that you can update SAP_XIIGW_APPL component with version 7.50 with for SP000 to patch 0004, for SP0001 to patch 0002..

What does it mean?

For example I have SAP_XIIGW_APPL 7.50 with SP001 and patch level 0001.

1. So I have to update to SP001 patch 0002 or to SP003 patch 0000 ?

2. What is the difference between SP001 and SP003 ?

Please, help me!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member198633
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Alex,

1) Yes.

2) The difference is described in the release notes of SP3. Usually higher SP levels offer new functionality, compatibility, etc. Furthermore we have to note that the development teams provide the patches for the latest minus ~3 SP levels. Example: An issue is discovered in SP5 and reported by a customer. The latest SP level is SP9. The development team identifies the issue and if it is new, they provide a fix for SP5 and write patches for SP7, SP8, SP9. As you can see SP6 will not have a patch for this particular issue.

This case is simpler, since all SPs have this fix:

• SP2 and SP3 have this fix by default.
  • SP0 and SP1 has to be patched to have this fix.

Best Regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Thanks for reply,

1) Yes it was for SP001 patch 0002 ?

2) SP uses for developers team and it is not critical do not apply the highest SP?

I mean I can apply to my SP001 to last patch 0002 or upgrade to last SP for example SP003 and it will be same in terms of safety ?

former_member198633
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

This particular fix was provided for the SP levels we can see in the list (SP0-1-2-3). Obviously latter SP levels (SP4, etc) will also have this fix.

SP0 and SP1 has to be patched in order to have the patch. (SP2 and SP3 have it by default, with patch level 0)

It is always easier to update the patch levels only. That involves the deployment of only a few components. The SP upgrade involves deployment of all components, because the SP levels must be the same in a given stack.

If you have SP1 now, the easiest solution is to deploy the latest patch level of the corresponding components.

Best Regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Thanks for reply!

Answers (0)