cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSOL - object assignment disable warning dialog box on transports touching same object

0 Kudos

Hi guys,

looking for your assistance / guidance on the CSOL functionality / Retrofit. 

We have setup Retrofit to support parallel development and have switched on CSOL for our two respective development environments (D*1 & D*2) using default config (Cross, Urgent-only, Client-specific).  When transport objects are assigned to transports in either system they are being recorded as I would expect in the Cross System Object Lock Monitor (/tmwflow/lockmon).

I have also set parameter NO_CSOL to active.  So the system does not create entries in the cross-system lock for automatically created import objects in the target system.

When new transports try to assign objects that are already identified as being in the CSOL monitor, a warning appears:

Now I would expect this if I was assigning change to a D*1 transport, where D*2 transport also had the same object and was prior to Production (or vice-versa, D*1 <--> D*2) as they have different transport groups.  However I also get this pop-up for new transports that have the same transport group, for example I create a new D*1 transport that changes an object and there is a earlier D*1 transport that changed the same object that is in the Quality system.

I understand that Retrofit needs this information in CSOL to work out the categorisation.  However the warning for two transports touching the same object at different status (i.e. unreleased and released) in the same transport group doesn't seem like a useful warning and I would like to turn it off (whilst still retaining the information in the CSOL monitor for Retrofit)

So my questions are: 

1.  Is this the intended functionality and what is the reason for this?  Maybe something I'm missing.

2. Can you turn off the dialog warning when objects are attached to transports where object is in CSOL monitor (whilst not affecting Retrofit functionality)?

Your thoughts and time would be appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Thanks both, just wanted to see if this was a possibility, seems like not.  We will have to live with the warning pop-up, as I don't want to impact Retrofit functionality

Paul

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul

This is the standard functionality you are talking about. You can send a warning even when the objects are locked under different transport which is not in production (your current scenario) or you can configure a error message there.

By default, if you save same object in parallel UC it should throw error however if one of it is in parralle NC it will throw warning.

Further, you can enhance this with release check of DGP but warning will appear which is the sole purpose of CSOL.

Thanks

Rishav

0 Kudos

Thanks Rishav,

for your reply, so I understand that is the intended functionality and I understand the CSOL purpose to inform when transports have same objects.  But is there any way to disable the warning pop-up as we are really just using the CSOL functionality just to facilitate Retrofit?

A warning to tell me a object for a transport is in same transport group as one that has already gone to QA isn't really helpful in our scenario and if anything is just slowing down the procedure (the background Retrofit categorisation, we are using).

Is it possible to disable the pop-up?

Thanks
Paul

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Paul

you can use the refer below for CSOL

SAP Solution Manager - SAP Library

Use the expert mode in /n/TMWFLOW/CONFIG_LOCK csol config option

there are lot of options available and you can configure as required.

Thanks

Prakhar

0 Kudos

Thanks Prakhar, hope you are well.

I've looked into expert mode on CSOL settings, but there doesn't look to be any functionality to disable the warning (only disable the error, which sadly it replaces with a warning) if you match the three criteria from expert mode. 

I'm assuming that it's not possible, unless you have any other ideas, and I'll have to tell the developers to "grin and bear it"

Paul

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

In standard configuration it is not possible to do, maximum you can select the urgent only requests with cross client combination but for urgent changes also you will receive the warning. Other feasible option I can see if you create a program to delete the lockmon entries but it is not recommendable at all as the purpose of retrofit will be defeated.

Thanks

Rishav

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Yes I am good and hope you are well too.

this is the reason for sharing the transaction and doc to make you aware that it is not possible

in standard when you activate csol it always produces a pop up

this can be error information or warning as per your requirement and applied case.

this is normal and standard functionality but more important is to set the conflict mode as per correct scenario as mentioned in the blog otherwise eventhough you have activated CSOL with DGP you can't stop the TR going in wrong sequence.

hope this helps further

Thanks

Prakhar