Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender JDBC connection details format?

former_member184948
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts ,

I am not sure what if there is any format while entering details of connections and driver in JDBC adapter?

I see in my system there are some channels where ports are mentioned and at some places not.

I am configuring one sender jdbc and I am getting socket error:

Error during database connection to the database URL 'jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://<IP addrs>; DatabaseName=SALiteDB' using the JDBC driver 'com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver': 'com.sap.aii.adapter.jdbc.sql.DriverManagerException: Cannot establish connection :: com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseSQLException: [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC]Error establishing socket.'

I am not sure if the way it has been entered is correct or not?

Any inputs? on this ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dilip,

Check SAP Note that Mark mentioned above, question 20. For Microsoft SQL databases, connection string shall include port number, which is missing as per your screenshot. Check with the remote database support team, which port is used by database engine listener service, or give a try and use a default port - which is port number 1433 for Microsoft SQL database servers.

Regards,

Vadim

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Dilip,

The JDBC driver and relevant connection parameters must come from the DB vendor. Each has a specific requirement with regards to the actual driver and connection parameters.

See note 831162 FAQ: XI 3.0 / PI 7.0 / PI 7.1 / PI 7.3 JDBC Adapter -> Question 13.

Check on the DB vendors website to see if you can find the exact connection parameters required. Alternatively, you can post the exact details here and someone may be able to clarify for you what connection parameters are required.

Regards
Mark