cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting output length of desired values for a Field in Smartforms.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm working right now on 4.6c system and I have a field declared as "String" in the Global Definition, on viewing the output in the print preview i find that it is printing only 255 characters while the actual field value is more than that (somewhere around 600+).

Could you please help me out in as to how to declare this particular field in Smartforms.

Thanks in Advance,

Regards,

Divaker

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

check this

in that case u have to create a new Print Format which can give u complete data in while prining.

format will be like this

65*512.

Regards

Prabhu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

first check what lenght (characters ) you exactly would be showing in output ,

now its under stood that string cannot hold more that 255 char so what u can do is

1. find the string lenght of the field ,

2. it the lenght is > 255 split the data into two variables ,

3. Var1 holdind upto 255 length and var2 holding the next 255 length .

reward vaild answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

I have declared a type in which i have taken three variables of length 255 each and assigned the actual variable in the global definition to this type...the result is being shown, <b>but</b> the problem that arises is that in the output the data is being split into two lines with the first value and the second in the next line! I mean to say that the data is not been shown as continuous!

I hope you have understood what i am trying to say! Could you please tell me as to how to get them in the same corresponding line.

Thanks,

Divaker