cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to avoid forward scheduling for Purchase requisitions in Heuristics ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we use heuristics to create our stock transfer requisitions for snp.

If the start date of a requisition would be scheduled in the past the scheduling does a forward scheduling and

creates the purchase requisition by forward scheduling.

This leads to the fact that the purchase requisition is too late.

In SAP ECC MRP it is possible to avoid this by setting a flag in the IMG "Parameters for Determining the Basic Dates".

My questions, where I did not find an answer until know:

- Is there something similiar possible for heuristics run?

In case not:

- Is it possible to suppress the creation of purchase requisition in cases where those would be too late to fulfill the requirement?

Thanks in advance!

Heinz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ruchi_das2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Heinz,

In SNP if you would like to have a stock transfer have a start date in the past in backward scheduling, you need to use a BAdI which can be setup to run only for particular matches of location-product combinations. For Ex: SNP Planner.

BAdI: /SAPAPO/SNP_HEU

Regards

AK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Heinz,

In the SNP Global Settigs (SPRO) try the option first possible date for

Heuristic: Initial Shortfall Quantities in Stock Transfers. 

You can also delete the old requirements to avoid that the system create late p.req or you can except them from macro (no from initial column). 

Thanks,

Regards, Marius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Marius for Your proposals, but I think this will not fully lead to what I need.

The "first possible date" still may lead to delivery dates after the requirement.

The deletion of the requirements is not an option, since they are still valid.

An Example for better illustration: There is a requirement on the date from now on in 7 days. The delivery time for the stock transfer purchase requisition will be 14 days.

If I understand the documentation corret, the heuristic will schedule the delivery with the setting for "first possible date" to the date today + 14. So, it'll be too late for the requirement.

Also the deletion of the requirement will be no option, because the requirement is still valid.

For what reason ever in such cases the business wants the purchase req. to be planned starting in the past or - if this is not possible - not to be planned at all. What they do not want is to get it planned for a delivery that'll will be after the requirement.

Thanks

Heinz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Heinz,

With SNP heuristic I don't think that you will be able to do this thing. You can create SNP alerts and then delete them manually or create a program to delete them.

Your requirement can be achieved with other planning tools like CTM or PPDS. CTM SNP can replace SNP with success. CTM will create pegging relationships and so you can control the late delivery with CTM strategy for late delivery or with some parameters at product master level.

Thanks,

Regards, Marius