cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving - (cross)Functional Dependencies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

While considering for Archiving of an object how can we make sure that functional (including cross) dependencies are full filled?

For example let's say I am Archiving Purchase Order data how can I make sure that relevant PO data in warehouse Module is good to be archived with no leaks? I know that DB15 gives all the tables/transaction codes that are cross connected across the functional areas.

Any ideas? or document that I can refer too? further more is there a facility in SAP to see all the cross connected archiving data for example  I want to see the PO-> their relevant GR -> their relevant Invoices..etc...etc

Thanks ahead.

Charan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member201157
Participant
0 Kudos

In Addition to the response by Jürgen L.

My approach would be like this .

1. Get the complete end to end business process that is currently running in your system (ex: SD,

FI, etc) . there should always a start and end. within this identify all those transactions like (sales orders, PO, FI docs etc) and also note the sequence in which they are getting created in the system.

2. once you have this , you can identify relevant archive objects for each of the business transaction.

for archiving we follow reverse sequence i.e the document that was last posted and completed is archived first. ex: check in SARA SD_VBAK (network graphic icon)

3. research OSS notes with each archive object name : you will get more details as what the archive or preprocess program checks before archiving .

if you identify there are additional checks that you need , then use BADI's to modify the standard programs. ex: 456129
- FAQ: Archiving in purchasing

4. note that for any document to be archived , a basic pre-requisite is that it should be business complete, closed and residence time reached.

5. consider any custom fields,custom tables, reports, interfaces also for impact analysis.

many times its hard to convince business for archiving on the above .

6.  the complexity is different for each archive object. the more complex , the higher analysis required.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure what you mean by "relevant PO data in warehouse Module", an example would help.

In SARA you can see an icon for Network graphic, this gives you an indication about the sequence of archiving for an archiving object. You will see what object you have to archive prior to your entered object.

MM_EKKO has no such dependencies pre-defined by SAP. What you see in the Network graphic is subject to customizing and should be amended based on your processes. But it will have no technical influence, it is just for information.

However, there are dependencies, dependent on your process design. E.g. if you are doing Stock transfer orders with delivery or third party orders.

To know such dependencies you need experts in your project team, otherwise it can happen that you archive data which is needed to complete a process. you need to test such integration and may need to restrict archiving via user exits.

A good way to learn is from errors made by others, so the source for such information are usually SCN discussions and OSS notes.

The cross connected data can be seen via ALO1 transaction