cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Require steps to extend FIORI to mobile device.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

We have S/4 business suite with SFIN installed. Front end and backend sevrer are same.

we have also installed the FIORI for SFIN and able to work with the apps in browser.

Our next step is to extend the usability of FIORI SFIN apps to mobile devices.

Can someone please list the steps to enable the  FIORI on mobile devices.

after reading through some blogs , i have understood that SAP Mobile platform server need to be installed to extend to mobile devices --- please confirm if my understanding is correct.

Also, please guide me through any guides if available for enabling FIORI apps on mobile through mobile browser or SAP FIORI client.

Thanks,

Sanketh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey there

There are several approaches to achieve your goal. For all options you need a connection to your company's network, to connect to your frontendserver. (this can be achieved using VPN or a similar app which connects to your network like Citrix Worx Home)

First of all, you can display your Fiori Launchpad in a mobile browser such as Google Chrome. For this option, you need access to your company's network. (trought VPN or an app like Worx Home).

If you don't like to go over a webbrowser, the second approach is to use the Fiori Client. You can download it from the App Store or Play Store, but if you'd like, you can also build your own Fiori Client. The Fiori Client is not more than a wrapper, which wraps your webpage with a webbroser (similar to the first approach) but doesn't display the browsers controls. The Fiori Client also displays the Fiori Launchpad.

If you'd like to deploy a single app as a native mobile app (not the whole launchpad but an app of it), you need to wrap your Webapp using phonegap/cordova, this can be done using a Cloud-Build (SAP WebIDE or PhoneGap Build) or using the SMP SDK Packager.

Regards

Fabian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Fabian for the explaination.

But if I want to use the native SAP FIORI client thorugh my mobile device. do I require SAP Mobile platform to be installed in my SAP system ?

Thanks,

Sanketh.

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You don't need SMP to use Fiori Client from your device.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Hey there

As stated, you do not need SMP. But you can combinate it with the SMP to get the full functionality (like proxying trought smp etc)

Regards

Fabian

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sanketh,

What is a business requirement? Is it just using mobile device?

1. Browser on mobile device

2. Fiori Client  (accessing camera, barcode, voice, location, etc..)

3. Build mobile app - cost (enabling offline app, push notification, access control) with SMP or HCPms(mobile service on HCP)

Regards,

Masa / SAP Technology RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Masa for the reply.

As mentioned above , we have S/4 HANA system installed with SFIN activated.

We are able to use the FIORI apps through browser in desktop connected to LAN.

Our next step is to :

1) Use the FIORI launch pad through mobile browser, when we tried to access the FIORI launch pad in mobile browser we are not able to launch the launch pad.  There seems to be a connection issue with the server, we are checking on that.

Can you let me know if there is any configuration need to be done to activate the FIORI launch pad in mobile browser ?

2) Active FIORI through FIORI launch pad ?

Can you point me to the any documents which provides the required software to be installed to activate FIORI through FIORI client 1.2.

Also, request you to provide details about the configuration for enabling FIORI client 1.2.

We want to make use of the latest features available, our target is to access the finance apps available through SFIN through mobile device.

Let me know if you require any further information to guide me through the process.

Thanks,

Sanketh.

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) Use the FIORI launch pad through mobile browser, when we tried to access the FIORI launch pad in mobile browser we are not able to launch the launch pad.  There seems to be a connection issue with the server, we are checking on that.

Can you let me know if there is any configuration need to be done to activate the FIORI launch pad in mobile browser ?

Are you connecting your mobile device to company's VPN network? Is the launchpad URL accessible outside company network on laptop/desktop?  If not then you will either have to do that or configure web dispatcher whose URL will then be exposed to the external network. Refer http://a248.g.akamai.net/n/248/420835/6bc78a916c27f55828f90b3909660f62259b8e048d5ddd39e4790c3570e4ac...

2) Active FIORI through FIORI launch pad ?

Can you point me to the any documents which provides the required software to be installed to activate FIORI through FIORI client 1.2.

Also, request you to provide details about the configuration for enabling FIORI client 1.2.

You can find all details here - http://help.sap.com/Download/Multimedia/fc13/9e8f5f0f54fb476887728c781604f6c6.html

Regards,

Saurabh