cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create 3D value QM characteristics in sap?

0 Kudos

Hello All,

Our client has a requirement to create such a QM characteristics which has  3D  value.

For example they have a characteristics Size, for which they want to enter value 465mm,290mm,465mm. Also there is upper and lower limits +10 and -10.

Please let me know, how to create this characteristics which had 3 values. In this case hight, width and length together in one characteristics value.

Is there any provision in sap to create such a qm characteristics?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Priti Jadhav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Ayoub_Habchi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prity,

Yes, you can create this kind of link as following:

1. you create 3 characteristics which are representing higth, width and length

2. you create a calculated characteristic that will represent your 3D characteristic. In the calculated characteristic, you maintain your formulas to control how you want to handle the rejection or approval.

here is an article where I explained a simple example on using calculated characteristics for your reference :

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjenLS3393KA...

Let me know if this helps you.

Regards,

Ayoub.

0 Kudos

Hello Ayuob,

Thanks for your reply.

But our requirement is like we want to display value of characteristics size as '465mm,290mm,465mm'. Not multiplication of legth, width and height values.

Please let me know is there any way to create size as quantitative characteristics and its value to be entered in above format and with upper and lower limit?

Thanks.

Regards,

Priti Jadhav

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priti,

You can try Ayoub's approach and create calculated characteristic, which is formula managed. Please create a parameter which is managed with a custom FM, to copy the results uploaded for MIC1 with UoM, MIC2 with UoM, MIC3 with UoM. Use this parameter in your result by using the 'Calculation' option. [Please remember that all values should be separated by comma...]

Please take clues form this discussion thread - http://scn.sap.com/thread/3684834

Thanks,

Arijit