Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding custom action in FPM Configuration

former_member252723
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have the applications which are in WD ABAP and it is running and now the requirement is to move these applications into FPM.

how can I achieve this in short time.

I have the custom button in the application which is assigned with the action .I have to move this validation or the event handler  to the FPM event.

Please let me know how can I link the WD ABAP action to FPM Button.

Regards,

Mustafa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

HI, every one

I also have the same question. and when i assign action to button, it seems i can't input event ID, just can select from popup window.

now my qestions is , how can add a new event id in popup window. (new button hope t be added on Freight booking item screen beside button"adjsut subitems". field"FPM event id" in right bottom is not input field, )

)

sahai
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mustafa,

You cannot directly assign any web dynpro action to a button on FPM screen, you will need to give that button some FPM EVENT ID.

and check this even id in the component controller method "PROCESS_EVENT" using this you will come to know what button has been clicked on the screen and you will be able to call your method accordingly.

For eg you gave the button a fpm id as 'TEST', below is the code for calling the web dynpro method in the Process_event method of web dynpro component of yours.

Method PROCESS_EVENT.

CASE   IO_EVENT->MV_EVENT_ID.

WHEN 'TEST'

*Call your method.

ENDCASE

ENDMETHOD.

Let me know if m unclear to you.

Thanks and Regards,

Shitanshu Sahai

former_member188458
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mustafa,

To make an fpm abap webdynpro application  , follow below steps :

1) Create the webdynpro component , implementing the fpm interface IF_FPM_BUILDING_BLOCK

2) Create webdynpro application using standard FPM wbdynpro components e.g. for OIF , component is FPM_OIF_COMPONENT

3) Create application config for the application created above

4) Create component config from the application config

5) Specify the Window from your webdynpro component created in step 1 in the componet config UIBB created in step 4

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Rini

former_member252723
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rini,

Thanks for providing me the steps to add window .

I have done using the OVP but the problem is that I have a Submit button in my view and I want to add a button on the header of the page in OVP and I want to link my view button action to this button.

Please let me know the steps to achieve this.

Regards,

Mustafa

former_member188458
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mustafa ,

I am not very sure on the OVP .

However you could check in the FPM component config  , there should be something for "Toolbar schema" , where you can add your own buttons , where you can specify the event id .

Then if you have implemented the IF_FPM_BUILDING_BLOCK interface in your webdynpro component , then you should find a method PROCESS_EVENT in your component controller , wherein you can put the code for handling the event for the event id specified in component config.

Hope it helps.

BR,

Rini

former_member197475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mustafa,

Open your config and go to Add Toolbar Element.

You can see an option to add buttons there. And try event id to catch the action.

BR,

RAM.