cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITS Application for LM01 screen size is too small on Mobile devices

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ITS Folks,

Please dont ignore my question as it looks familiar on the community as i already did a lot of research and tried all the approaches and still when i launch my basic ITS application for LM01 on Intermec CK71 device it looks small and also i tried on Chrome Mobile mode as well. Please help me. FYI, Below is the configuration details

Solutions i have tried

1. Firstly i tried customizing the CSS and it dint work.

2. Secondly i tried adding a meta tag on the html templates for 1 screen and tested it but nothing seems to be changed either on desktop or mobile device.

3. Thirdly People say there is no need to add or customize anything rather it just works fine with the above config.

Your help is most appreciated...!!

Regards,

Praveen Kambala.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

So when you say in point 1, that "it didnt work" what does it mean? What all changes did you make and where.

If you just increase the font size in your main CSS file (Mobile.css) within your internet service, it will get applied to all your templates. Just check the standard css classes used for your tags such as the body tag and so on in your generated HTML templates, and then you can add the following into your CSS file:

font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;

font-size:16px;

for those classes.

Remember to publish the css file as well as the whole internet service again.

Also, one you make this change, it will reflect on all the devices that the template runs on.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Utkarsha,

Thanks a lot for your reply. Sure i changed the font-size property to "-webkit-xxx-large" in Mobilebody class and it works good too only if my screen size is around 250+ px and not less than that as it overflows. This i found as a generic solution but my client wants to have something that can even handle height part as i now see half of the screen empty but not filled with the application.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh in that case, you can define the height and width for that class as well:

height:100%;

width:800px;

You can define it in pixels as well as percentages.

Be sure to define it for all the classes that define certain boundaries.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are trying to create a generic application which should run on multiple devices, hence hard coded values does not work for us. I even tried working out with META tags but the application is not responding, as in the size looks the same to that of basic application without META.

Regards,

Pravs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please make sure you have edited the height and width of ALL the classes (there are overlaps), like the default MobileBody, etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your prompt response Utkarsha, right now i am going with addition of font size parameter in my service and client is ok with it.

Regards,

Pravs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

I am writing because I have the same problem. I created an ITS application for LM01 on Motorola MC3190 device. I am using IE browser. The problem is that screen size is too small.

I am using SAP_BASIS Release (740) SP-Level(0006) and the ITS Template I used is MOBILE4 Mobile Devices ( No HTML Tables ). The Operative System is Windows Embedded Handheld 6.5

I would like to know how you solve the issue.

Solutions I have tried:

• I tried customizing the CSS and it did not work. Font size is too small and the buttons too. I copied template MOBILE.CSS and I added the following code:

.MobileUserArea, input {

/* font-family:arial;

/* font-size:100%;

}

.MobileUserArea, textarea {

/*  font-family:arial;

/*  font-size:100%;

}

• I used another browser Opera Mobile 10. Using this browser I set Mobile view and the screen look great but function keys it does not work. I tried using DEVINCLUDE_INTERMEC700C, DEVINCLUDE_NAURTECHCK61 and DEVINCLUDE_SYMBOL3090 as ITSMOBILEDEVICEINCLUDE and it did not work.

Should I just use only industrial browsers? I am using IE browser but Mobile view it does not work correctly. I see screens like in a desktop (small).

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please create another thread.

You created a copy of Mobile.css, all the templates should point to that new copied file.

It is better, you add classes to the Mobile.css file itself and accordingly change the classes in your template.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Praveen,

What is the SP version/level of the system (I mean, SAP_BASIS component)?

What is the template generator you have used?

Regards,

Cris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cris,

We are using SAP_BASIS Release(740) SP-Level(0004) and the ITS Template i used is MOBILE4.

Regards,

Pravs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Praveen,

Could you try using the parameters: ~itsmobileElemFactor~itsmobileElemUnits

See: http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/x/POk

You could also test using the ~dynpro_compression 1 parameter

Regards,

Gerard.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gerard,

Thanks for your reply!!

I did try this solution and was able to achieve the solution which needs to be modified for individual devices based on their screen sizes and so i kept it as an alternative. I am as of now looking for a compatible and generic solution that fits for all the screens/sizes.

Regards,

Praveen Kambala.