cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last page's page end in smartform??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I am now working on a smartform to print a "signature region" in last page's page end.

I tried using the main window's footer. This could only print it in last page, but not in the page end.

Please kindly advise. Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I am trying to achieve the same thing in smarform - created a footer window and added a condition to print 'only at the end of main'.

Then I expanded my Main windown to overlap with this Footer window. But it doesn't work. The footer window space(blank) shows on every page even though the actual footer value is only shown on the last page due to the condition setting above.

Please advise

Claire

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claire,

Please make sure that the the footer of the MAIN Table, has checked only the print time "at End of Table".

Do NOT check the "at Page Break".

Regards,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I tried that and it works.. but somehow there is a overlapping problem at the first page instead.

here's what i did:

in event footer, create text with blank lines, set to print at end of window

in main window, settings for footer - print at end paragraph, uncheck control break

in FOOTER window, also check print at end of window

Any idea?

Claire

Former Member
0 Kudos

There should not have anything to overlap at the first page. Since the footer will not print out at the first page. Besides, I did not understand what you mean in your reply.

The version that I am working on is ECC 5.0

Here, I repeat how I solve my problem:

1) In the Main Window (M)'s Table's footer

..1.1) set its print time to be "at End of Table" only.

..1.2) Add in a table line of 1 cell, and add in a text with blank lines as a spacer.

2) Create a Window (S) after the Main Window (M) at the page end

..2.1) Create a Flow Logic - Alternative

..2.2) At the general attribute tab page of this alternative, tick the "Only After End of Main Windows"

..2.3) Add a Text for the signature as the True result of the Alternative.

3) Resize the Main Window (M) 's height to the end of page, which should overlap with the Window (S) created in step 2.

That's all. Hope it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chris,

I had a situation like this. I followed the same steps as u specified. The problem is when all the line items are ending in the last but one page and only the footer section is being printed in the last page. Is there a way we can prevent this. My footer has totals. All the lines are being printed in the previous page. In the last page main window space is empty and the toals are displayed in the bootom of the page.

Please suggest how I can correct this!

thanks,

Viswas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi chris,

I need your help regarding this...

I have done what you have mentioned it as steps but i find the issue not yet closed..

still the main window overlapped the footer in the last page even though i have marked the 'at the end of table' in the table footer and enabled the 'only after the main window' ..

i need your valuable suggestion..

regards,

sathik

Former Member
0 Kudos

You want to print Signature in last page of complete document.

then design one box in Main window then

write statement like

if &PAGE& EQ &SAPSCRIPT-JOBPAGES&.

Use your code here.

endif.

Reward Points if it is useful

Thanks

Seshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Seshureddy Maramreddy for answering,

I am now working on Smartforms, but not SAPScript.

Could you please tell me how to do so in smartforms?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

if page = sfsy-formpages.

Print your sign window details here

endif.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!

This problem is solved...

However, this solution lead to another problem that, it causes an area of space in those non-last pages.

any advise? Thanks in advance...

Regards,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

This problem is solved too.

Thanks all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I am trying to do the same. What did you do to print text at end of last page?

Rgds,

Jack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

I create a WINDOW at the bottom of the page for the signature.

Inside, I create a CONDITION that check "Only after end of main windows", if true, it print the signature text, else it print nothing.

For the MAIN WINDOW, I just change its size to overlap with the signature WINDOW,

this make sure that all the space on the paper is used.

But this will then lead to a problem that, at the last page, the MAIN WINDOW content may overlap with the signature. Then I solve it by adding a TEXT with numerous Carriage return at Main Windows Table's footer, which serve as a spacer for the signature.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks.

Regards,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

create footer window and insert the same there...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks SriLatha P for answering,

Could you please kindly tell me more about it in details?

What is "Footer" window? I could create window, and I could set its window type

- "Copies Window"

- "Final Window"

- "Main Window"

- "Secondary Window"

but there is no "Footer window".

Please kindly help. Thank You..

Best Regards,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

There is nothing called a Footer window. When u adda table node it gives a two events.

One is header which is executed at the start of the page and another is footer which is executed at the end of the page.

Thanks,

Utsah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Utsah Garg for answering,

Yes, I tried it. But it could only print that in the "end of the report", i.e. it may be print at the top of the last page.

But now, the requirement is to print that in the "Page end" in the last page of the report.

Please kindly advise. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Chris