cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO 7.5 migration best approach

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SCN members,

We are planning to migrate from PI 7.3 dual stack to PO 7.5 (Latest support pack).

Our current system has less than 100 interfaces with File, JDBC, Proxy, EDI, IDOc scenarios and does not have BPM's.

While planning to migrate from PI 7.3 dual stack to PO 7.5 (Latest support pack), we are thinking to go for side-by-side approach because we need other team support for end to end testing and unfotunately they are busy and can test only few interfaces at a time.

side-by-side approach that we are thinking to follow:

1. Have both systems PI 7.3 dual stack and PO 7.5.

2. Segregate interfaces in 3 cycles

3. Migrate interfaces based on cycles from PI 7.3 to PO 7.5.

4. Decommision PI 7.3 once we complete with all 3 cycles.

So going to side-by-side approch is recommendable in our case? is this SAP best practise?

Does anybody followed this approach before? have you faced any difficulties in side-by-side approach?

Also is there anywhere SAP mentioned like we should not go for side-by-side approach? is this something not used in real time?

Appreciate your inputs on this. Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neelima

Welcome to SCN.

The queries you asked are frequently asked and answered in this forum. Since you are new to SCN, I'd recommend reading up the blog below on the searching capabilities in SCN. With that, it's possible to get answers to your questions even before opening a thread. (I personally prefer using the custom Google search for SCN)

Rgds

Eng Swee

former_member207622
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Neelima,

Please check the below posts which talks about Migration -

For PO -

You will have to configure Interfaces for Proxy and IDoc based on Single stack methodlogy.

EDI - You will have to check feasibility of using B2B addon

I think it will not matter if you do in cycles or you do at once.

Also check below thread for reference.

Hope this helps -

Thanks

Ninad Sane