cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, This is Arindam Sen from HCL. I have faced problems several times in installing Excel Add-in for IBP 5.0. I have made several attempts to install butfailed again and again. Need some help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, This is Arindam from HCL. I have faced problems several times in installing Excel Add-In for IBP 5.0. I have made several attempts to install but failed again and again.

Need some help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arindam,

Please refer the List of prerequisites in SAP Note 2132049.

Regards,

Naveen

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arindam,

I suggest you to refer SAP Note mentioned in "Add-in for Excel - Installation Related Notes" section from Consulting Notes for IBP blog. Here is the link -

Also please read here SAP Help about "Installing the IBP Add-In for Microsoft Excel"

Planning with Microsoft Excel - SAP Library 

Hope this will help.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

I've gone thru the links you've shared. Thanks for these.

I've done the following:

1. Uninstalled IBP EXCEL ADDON 06_070000182

2. Checked if I had .Net framework 4

3. Reinstalled the IBP Addon

4. Tried enabling com add-in - GOT run time error as the status

5. Referred to the following thread: http://scn.sap.com/message/3678736

6. In REGEDIT , set the load value to 3 as advised (refer screenshot)

I've tried numerous things such as restart of system after making changes, closing all other office software etc as mentioned in the links you've shared.

It still doesn't work. Please advise on what could be the issue. Below is a screenshot of the registry editor changes I've made.

yeushengteo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

Were you on another lower plugin release before you tried to install the "IBP EXCEL ADDON 06_070000182"? What is this release?

Regards.

YS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi YS,

I was not able to activate the first excel addin as well. I uninstalled it and tried installing this version given by my team.

In all cases I've faced the same problem.

The Excel Add-in does not activate. Setting REGEDIT load behaviour to 3 also did not solve the problem. I have . Net Framework 4 on my system.

Can you advise on what could be the issue here.

Best Regards,

Arindam

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arindam,

Please check if IBP Add-In is not in DISABLE state in Excel. To do that follow below path -

Open Excel, Goto File Menu --> Options --> Add-Ins --> Manage --> Disabled Items --> Go --> Select IBP Add-In --> Enable

Usually this happens after excel session has closed unexpectedly.

Additionally on the same above path, please select COM Add-ins -> Ensure that IBP Add-in for Ms-Excel is CHECKED.

Both above settings are important for IBP Add-in Ribbon to be visible in Excel.

Hope this will help.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare