cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign IC customer# to sales organization (no data in dev sys)

daphnash
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our development system contains 2 clients:

1. 200- For development - were we customize and develop -- does not contain any data at all.
  2. 400- For unit test - contains data.

We use intercompany, so for each sales organization we need to assign the intercompany customer number in customization (TVKO-KUNNR).

Because we don't have data in development client (200) where we create the customization, the system does not let us assign the IC customer number (there's a check table for the field).

Do you have any suggestion of what to do ?

We just move the transport into production, create the IC customer and assign it in production (open the system to changes\enter the number in the field by using debug), and we don't like either of the two option.

Thanks,

Daphna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I usually create the customer (the check is only for KNA1 entry, so you don't need a lot of things to maintain) or ask a colleague from MD team to create it for me (if I have no authorization to do that in the customizing client).

This is probably the best way, because you will have consistent data across your systems.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All you need is intercompany customer number. Hence you can create one with minimum view(s)/parameters and assign it in configuration. This is very much possible in any project. Did you try in XD01?

Regards,

daphnash
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you Veselina Peykova and Shiva Ram --
I will try to change the company policy of keeping this DEV client without any data, so I can create the customer. I hope they will agree...

If anyone has any other suggestions, please respond.

All the best,

Daphna