How to install the JDI and what re the prerequisites

former_member192283
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Anybody tell me ,

AS iam new to the SAP NetWeaver

How to install the JDI,

I have got one document in sdn . It has given the prerequisite as.

Complete installation of DI (CMS, DTR, and CBS) on SAP J2EE Engine

Should i install all the above component? or any one of the components, if need to be, can u anbody tell me how to install , where i will get the help.

How i need to setup the JDI.

We are working on Webdynpro, and VC, some of the portal components development.

Installing the DTR alone is enough to move forward, or JDI is required to setup?

Please repsond me.

Regards

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Im new to netweaver !! we are doing a heterogeneous migration of JDI from AIX to HPUX. there is already an export file ready for the import on the target system. so inorder to start the system copy (migration) oon the target system, which DVD's should i select (is it NW04S ?? )...also please tell me which usage type should i select ??

Thanks

Sourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hope u dont have any further queries ..please award points and close the thread..

Former Member
0 Kudos

You find support packages under SAP

Service Marketplace alias “sp-stacks” → SP Stack / SAP NetWeaver ‘04

The page SAP NetWeaver ’04 - SP Stack <number> appears.

download JDI BUILD TOOL ,JDI,JDI OFFLINE and deploy it in SDM

The prerequisite is that u should have a WAS and in addition to it an NWDS

This document might hepl u throught it

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/628a9f93-0701-0010-48bb-b0d87234...

Regards

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Once you have the server installed u can go ahead download the service packs from service market place and install the JDI..Make sure that u have the correct service pack... by deploying those downloaded .sca file will will be able tho view the

http://hostname:portnumber/devinf

were u will see DTR,CMS,CBS and SLD

then we need to do some user mapping for the cms access

I think JDI will suit ur requirement

Do let me know if further help is required

Regards

Krishna

former_member192283
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna thanks for the reply,

Our Current Portal Version is

NetWeaver 2004s SP 11.

My question, should we need to install all these following components before we setup the JDI.

Complete installation of DI (CMS, DTR, and CBS) on SAP J2EE Engine.

or

As per your reply , my understanding is , By installing the JDI , i will be getting all the above components.

BCZ in that document it is gving clearly that, the above components are prerequisites for installing the JDI.

Can u tell me where i will get that service packs in the service market place.

Regards

Vijay

Jordan_Stanchev
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

the SAP NetWeaver Development Infrastructure (NWDI or in SAP NetWeaver 2004 also called JDI) consists of these three services: DTR, CBS and CMS. They together are the NWDI installation. You cannot install only one of these components as a standalone, but you have to install them at once (in other words you alwasy install the whole NWDI stack).

then you can set upi your system to provide only DTR functionality or only CMS+CBS functionality.

but you allways install them all together.

a good starting point for you would be:

- <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/07/f6bc3d42f46c33e10000000a11405a/frameset.htm">Working with the Development Infrastructure</a>

- SAP Note 737368.

Regards, Jordan