cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas 3 and handling of docking controls

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Personas community,

I am running a Personas 3SP2 on Kernel 742 Level  314. We are enabling Personas for Maintenance personal as part of a SAP simplification project.

As part of these transactions (e.g IW31) the screen has a horizontal docking control (wnd[0]/shellcont) which sometimes is launched showing the docked area (wnd[0]/shellcont/shell) in the middle of the reworked screen. It is the middle because we are getting rid of most fields. I cannot hide the shellcont because it contains the user area.  Scripting on properties (enabled, height) of the docked control provides no change.

Does anybody know how to handle these controls and could provide some insights on how to either hide them or move them 'out of the way'?

thanks

Stephan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sushant for your reply.

The screen I have does not seem to have splitter shell. The first element I can get is the toolbar. Please note though that I got over this issue by scripting an extra 'Return' which will make the docked control disappear. Also just in case it does help to shed some light on this: I have been able to move docking controls in other applications by scripting properties like height and width, but this one (object wnd[0]/shellcont/shell) does have read/write properties but scripting does not seem to affect positioning.

thanks

stephan

0 Kudos

ok in IW31 what button you pressed to get that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

On the second screen. Fill in your work center. No enter a wrong functional location for example. Then status bar will show error message. Now enter the correct one.  You should get this comtrol with additional messages, which is actuallythe application log displayed.

thanks

stephan 

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAPLIWO_UI_UI  include LIWO_UI_UIF13 routine errorlog_create_container seems to be the code where the control is created.

eralper_yilmaz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Stephan,

In your post you wrote "I have been able to move docking controls in other applications by scripting properties like height and width"

I'm now working on a layout where the docking control causes usability problems like its position covers most of the screen leaving less space for other controls, etc.

I'ld like to know how you reached and change the height and width, etc settings of the docking control

If you can guide me with the scripts, that will be great

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me try,

you docking container should have an Id of wnd[0]/shellcont/shell or whatever the inspector tool will tell you once you click the whole container.

If that object has properties like 'left' and 'width' you can code its position in an 'onLoad" script like

if (session.idExists("yourContainerId"))

{

session.findbyId("yourContainerId").left = 100; 

session.findbyId("yourContainerId").width = 100; 

}

and so on.

Hope that helps

thanks

Stephan

eralper_yilmaz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Stephan,

Thank you for the script.

When I inspect the element, I got its Id as wnd[0]/shellcont/shell

Unfortunately no other properties are identified by the inspector

Although I can read the width and height attributes using

session.findById("wnd[0]/shellcont/shell").height

session.findById("wnd[0]/shellcont/shell").width

or an other control's properties using

session.findById("wnd[0]/shellcont").height

session.findById("wnd[0]/shellcont").width

But I can not assign new values to these properties with below assignment

session.findById("wnd[0]/shellcont/shell").height = 260

In fact as seen below, the docking container is at first displayed too much at the top. Preventing the select options to be invisible on the flavor

What I want to do is assigning the height of the shell control to get the below view on the screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eralper,

if the property is editable in scripting but the control does not 'react' then I would open this as a separate question in SCN.

If it not even meant to be editable, then perhaps you have to build your own screen moving the elements you want into it.

eralper_yilmaz
Participant
0 Kudos

In script window, these features are not displayed as editable.

So, I think it is not possible to set values for them.

Thanks for answering

0 Kudos

hi Stephan,

This is a known issue and we are working on the solution. You could possibly create a message with us to know exactly when the solution is released.

For now, as a workaround, you could do the following:

1. Select the left docker shell by selecting the horizontal splitter right below the tree on the left (or at any border area). You should see on top right that "GuiSplitetrShell" has been selected.

2. Hide it

Result : in the editor, you will still see the empty shell but in runtime (after leaving the editor), the whole shell should be hidden.

Regards,

Sushant