Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

different URLs to same WAD app or URL with parameters

cyclingfisch_
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have an WDA application to which I have a component assigned. As I have two very similar usecases, I woud like to have two entries in my NWBC menu which link actually to the same WDA application, but in one case there are some fields of a search dialog already prefilled with entries which are not changeable for the user.

My idea is now that I add the default values of that search dialog to the parameters of the WDA application. So I would be able to add the URL once without any parameters and once with parameters to the NWBC role.

Is that a common way for a requirement like this?

Thanks and Cheers,

Martin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no point for different URLs in this case (unless you want to show a different Interface view/ different plug).

It's with URL parameters. Basically, you wanted to restrict the free search to some set of users and allow to see the result of search only for the selected item(s)!!

Apart from disabling/enabling the search fields based on the user, To populate the search fields, pass the search data via URL parameters (if few) OR Instead, you could use the set/get methods of a class (static/shared objects reference) -> use set method to set the selected data, and in WDA component read the selected data using get method of the static reference and set to the context data to which search fields are bound.

Regards,

Kiran

cyclingfisch_
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

thanks for your answer.

If I would go for the set/get method way, I would need to differentiate which link was used to navigate to the application. Is there a way to do that?

Cheers,

Martin

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes Ofcourse! You could use an attribute in the class and fill that attribute based on the selected link and read that attribute (using setter/getter) in the WDA application to determine which link was clicked to navigate (same like another parameter in the URL).

Regards,

Kiran

Answers (0)