cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to migrate universe on 3rd parties DB to HANA in BI4.2

0 Kudos

Hi al,

Now I'm planning to migrate BI4.1 on Oracle to BI4.2 on HANA in HEC.There are 200 webi reports and 60 universes.

Indeed in IDT BI4.1, there is a function "Migrate to HANA". And it is explained in Information Design Tool User Guide 4.1SP7 as "6 Migrating universes to SAP HANA".

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/sbo41/en/sbo41sp7_info_design_tool_en.pdf

However, I cannot find this "Migrate to HANA" function's discription in Information Design Tool User Guide 4.2.

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/sbo42/en/sbo42_info_design_tool_en.pdf

Are there any changes as for this function?

If so, is there any way to migrate semi-automatically unverses and reports from on 3rd parties DB to on HANA??

Thank you for your help in advance.

Taro

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Matthew_Shaw
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Taro,

When you say 'BI4.1 on Oracle' what exactly do you mean?

Do you mean the BI 4 Platform CMS database is held in Oracle

OR do you mean the 'Query database' that your 60 universes and 200 Web Intelligence documents connect to, to get data from, is held in Oracle?

For the moment:

The 'Migrate to HANA' function you mention will convert the data source from various RDBMS to HANA. It will also re-point all the underlying Web Intelligence documents to use the new UNX Universe that is created as part of the 'migration', saving you a lot of effort. You'll still need to move the actual data and you'll probably need to update the converted UNX so it no longer uses Oracle specific SQL, but HANA specific SQL instead.

Regards, Matthew

0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your quick reply!

I mean the Query database in Oracle, not CMS database.

Now I understand how this function will work and it is great help for the customer considering migration to HANA. And we should think about how to move the actual data to hana for example using DS or CSV and adjust UNX for HANA SQL.

Do you know how's in BI4.2?

Taro

Matthew_Shaw
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Taro

Thanks for your reply too. I don't believe there is any difference between BI 4.1 and BI 4.2 for this.

Regards, Matthew

Answers (0)