Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup is showing error after 45 days

former_member183044
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have Windows 2003 server and MSSQL 2005 database. Normally we are taking two backups. Daily full backup (online - 8:00 pm) and Transaction log backups(online- 11,1,4 PM).

When we are checking our previous database backups, we found that all our backups are showing error (in red marks). Daily Full backup is showing error before 45 days and Transaction log backup error is showing before 34 days.

When i selected one block and checking for the program log, i found the message below.

Can anybody help me in the above situation? As next month, we are preparing for our audit, we have to answer ...

My previous doubt was with the "BACKUP volume expiration period". But it wasn't the error.

I already posted in SCN with the same topic, but i couldn't find a proper answer.

Please help me in this situation.

Regards

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

yakcinar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Praveen,

When you schedule a backup from DB13 it creates an SQL Job. You can see that job on SQL Management Studio --> SQL Server Agent --> Jobs.

Someone could have been deleted that job from Management Studio.

In order to create it again you must schedule your backups again on DB13 after deleting the old ones.

Regards,

Yuksel AKCINAR

former_member183044
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yuksel,

//Someone could have been deleted that job from Management Studio.//

Some how it's not possible. Here we only monitoring the server. By these days no one has deleted. Only possibility is via program wise. i.e, Automatic deleting of Old jobs like the SAP HOUSEKEEPING JOBS.

Is that a possibility Yuksel ??

Regards

Praveen

yakcinar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Praveen,

I don't know a standart job deleting SQL Agent Jobs.

Unscheduling the job from DB13 can do this.

Anyhow can you see the job on SQL Agent Jobs?

Did you reschedule it?

Regards,

Yuksel AKCINAR

former_member183044
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yuksel,

//

I don't know a standart job deleting SQL Agent Jobs.

Unscheduling the job from DB13 can do this.//

I meant that standard jobs like SAP HOUSEKEEPING JOBS whether there are any standard jobs in Microsoft SQL management studio for deleting the jobs ?

I didn't reschedule any of the jobs. That's why i am asking is there any predefined jobs in SQL STUDIO ??

Regards

Praveen

yakcinar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Praveen,

No, there is no job for deleting this.

Can you check old logs from SQL Server Management Studio?

Check the date and times that creation and deletion times could happen.

There are other jobs on SLQ Agent Jobs like CCMS_<sid>_<SID>_Update_Tabstats.

Check this also.

Regards,

Yuksel AKCINAR

former_member183044
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yukser,

I checked in the path SQL Studio->SQL Server Agent->Jobs as per in the following ss.

in 2016 also.i think the job is not running. Can u please help me how to monitor those jobs??

Regards

Praveen

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Praveen,

You need to delete the jobs in DB13. If you face error that the SAP CCMS is not present then you need to delete the enteries from SDBAR and SDBAP table through Se14.

Then reschedule the jobs once again in DB13.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi