cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transfer MII transaction from D to Q to P System with CMS – Change Management Service and NWDI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I configured SLD and NWDI on Server xyz02 with wizard.

I configured MII to NWDI with wizard “Integration of MII with existing NWDI” on Server xyz04 (D-system) and xyz03 (Q-system).

That works fine!

the cbs - component build service shows the following

In CMS – change management service i see MIIDEV for server xyz04 (D-System) and MIIQS for server xyz03 (Q-System).

I configured in MIIDEV - landscape configurator – Track Data - “runtime systems” the following

• “track connections”

I configured in MIIQS - landscape configurator – Track Data - “runtime systems” the following

• “track connections”

How I transport the transaction "1MIITest" from D to Q? its the right way with cms? whats wrong?

I found no documentation or how to guide for that issue.

Thanks for help!

Markus

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

who told u to setup like that?

one track is enough for the transport.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Jun Wu,

thanks for this information.

nobody told me that i try it because i did not found any documentation about that.

can you give me some infos like an step by step guide?

Thanks a lot.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

i need the basics to configure the task. i try it the first time.

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whether due to the MII the concept of track connections is involved in any way, I cannot tell, maybe Jun has an idea. Frankly, I skimmed over the track connections part. If you need a simple DEV-CONS-TEST-PROD development cylcle then one track will do the trick (as thanks to the Runtime System configuration you configure separate physical j2ee engines for these development stages).

What concerns the track connections part it is used in more complex scenarios, e.g maintenance tracks, multiple-productive-deploy tracks, etc.

Read more about this topic:

Cheers,

Ervin

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i transfered MII transaction from D to consolidation

it works

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

glad to hear it Markus, what was the problem at the end ?

Regards,

Ervin

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

A small addition to it, if you don't need NWDS and you'd need it only for Release action, then I recommend to go for this blog as it'll save time for you

Otherwise , follow what Milen recommended.

former_member189220
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Have you released the activities from the NWDS?

Once they are released, then they need to be activated in CBS (provided this is not set to be done automatically).

When the Activity are activated, in CMS - Transport Studio - tab Consolidation, you will have to import the components (with this - you consolidate).

Before import in Consolidation - at this point if you have configured Dev RTS, your changes will be deployed there (automatically) and you might 'test' them before Consolidating.

If everything is fine, you have triggered Consolidation and this operation is successful - you will be able to Assemble them - tab Assembly.

After successful assembly you will be able to deploy on Test (Quality RTS). The SCs will be in TEST tab in Transport Studio.

If you like how it is on the TEST RTS, you Approve in the Apporoval tab and the SCs are in PROD tab. Once imported successfully they are deployed on PROD RTS.

So more or less in each tab in CMS - Transport Studio you have import operation which triggers different processes with regards on the current phase of the software logistics. You have to work here in order to move your changes to Production

Please let me know on which step you are?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Milen,

how i can see that the activities are activated? im on your step "Once they are released, then they need to be activated in CBS (provided this is not set to be done automatically)."

and wherefrom i can import the SCA File - that i activated - to tab consolidation?

thankss!

Former Member
0 Kudos
junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

go to activities section.

import can be done in cms

activity should be activated and released before you can import.

Former Member
0 Kudos

its activated now but where i can release it and in Transport Studio i cant see it for Check-In in Check-In tab.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ervin already told u the tool....please check Release activity using the cmstool

after that you can see it in cms consolidation tab

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

where is your developer? release activity is done by developer from nwds usually.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thats my next message.....

sorry but i think its activate?