cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Group 0005

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear consultants,

I am wanting to make an inquiry based on telephone call information that is being received by me.

I use T code VA11 and feed in the information about Sales Area and Inquiry doc type. Once I enter, I realize that the customer is new and I donot have time and authorization to create a new customer Master so on the same screen I click the icon create customer master and using the account group DEBI I quickly save a customer number and use that to save the inquiry information. DEBI is Customer General.

If I want to use account group 0005 i.e. Prospective customer..the customer gets created but when I enter it in create inquiry screen the system throws me out saying “Enter a Ship-to” party” when I enter the same number the system gives an error saying “0005 is not permitted with partner function WE”

1. How do I solve this problem? I want to use 0005 instead of DEBI.

2. If I use DEBI or 0005…later on how do I convert it into normal “Sold-to” party customer account?

Kindly guide me.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

nisha_sharma1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi gaurav,

u can changethe customer account group with Transaction XD07.

try this out.

regards,

Nisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav

1) for the error you are getting,go and see in the customer master record in the partner functions tab,whether the sold-to-party and ship-to-party is exists,if not you have to carry out the partner function determination in IMG.

According to Standard SAP General customers DEBI, there will be no partner functions assigned, as there is no parter function determination.so its better to change the accout group.

2)you can change the account group of a customer in XD07 to sold to party.

Reward if this helps

Regards

Simu

rmazzali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

enable account group 0005 to become a Sold-to (not payer !!!) by assigning the right partner finction schema in VOPAN.

Then, later, you can change the prospect account group from 0005 to DEBI using VD07 or XD07 tcode.

Roberto