Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Solution Manager SP11 - LM-Service to be upgraded

former_member210909
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Currently I am using SAP Solution Manager 7.1 on SP level SP11.

Technical Monitoring functionality has been implemented, But Host details and configuration metrics are completely greyed out.

By going through few KBA's and discussion from SCN i found that i may need to upgrade my LM-Service.

Can anyone please let me know the other patches i may have to download along with the LM-Service patch which i have downloaded(LM Service patch for SP11 with patch level 5 has been downloaded).

But during upgrading the same using SUM i get error: "Error: The directory contains invalid archives". The Manual directory approach was followed for upgrade.(Directory contains only one SCA patch file for LM-Service patch upgrade).

PFB screenshot for Components Info.

Can anyone please let me know with the steps i have to follow for LM-service upgrade using SUM and manual directory option.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nealgenocchi
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Rakesh,

The LM-Service patch will not have a dependency. In terms of the update process please refer to note 1483508. There are further recommended corrections for SP11 found in note 1953075. These are not dependent on the LM-Service patch version, but are of course a recommendation in general for SP11 installations. If you are considering the recommended corrections please ensure to first check KBA 2013578 with regard to agent authentication.

Best regards,

Neal

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rakesh,

You need to check whether the LM-Service patch have been downloaded properly or not.

Compare the size of the LM-Service from SMP and your system they have to be same.

You can deploy the component with help of telnet command

telnet localhost 5$$08 Where $$ is the instance number

logon with your j2ee administrator user

deploy <give the path of the software compenet> version_rule=all

You can deploy the same with the help of SUM tool as well by using a manual option.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi