cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to edit the table through se11 after tabl maintenanceobjectgenerat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

After generating the maintenance object i am not able to edit the table through Se11 and i have to do it using SM30.

But SM 30 doest not provide me the friendliness of editing the table through Se11.

Can u plz let me know if there the way i can provide the flexiblity thorugh Sm30.

Appreciate your reponse.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ruchit,

I have to give display/change access for some users at the same time i want restrict this table access for users who have an access to other Ztables.

It is possible only when i have maintennace object generated for the same table.

users who have access to change this table has some difficulty in editing the fileds of the table for e.g

In se11 they can select row ->double click o it-> edit the entries

but in sm30 ->findout a reord using position-> scroll and get the field and change it.So they have asked for editing access through Se11

Thanks a lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vadi,

For restricting access you need to make use of SAP authorization concept. You can make use use of authorization object S_TABU_DIS for this. Do one the thing.

In SE54 create a new authorization group. Name it YSPE for example. Choose authorization group radio button.

The in SE11 go to the table and then to table maintainence generator. here you will find an input field for authorization group. Give YSPE in this field. You can also do this through SE54 using the radio button assign authorization group.

Now make sure only those users whom you want to have maintaienence access to this table should have authorization group YSPE assigned to their user profiles iin authorization object S_TABU_DIS. S_TABU_DIS has two fields. One for activity and one for authorization group. The users who want change access should have activity 02 and authorization group YSPE assigned to them. For rest all activity 03 is sufficient.For this you can take help of your user adminsitrator.

Now everytime a user tries to maintain this table SAP will check if he has change access to authorization group YSPE or not. Using this approach you can exert control over a large number of tables.

Hope this works for you. Please award points accordingly.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ruchit,

Thanks a lot for your effort and patience

I am getting the same screen of SM30 when i go to utilities->table contents->create thorough Se11.

It works for authrization group &NC&.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vadivambil,

That is correct of course. if you have allowed table maintaienence trough delivery and maintaienence as also generated the table maintaience generator then in that case you will get the same screen of SM30 even when doing maintainence through SE11 or for that matter through SE16. SM30 view takes precedence.

Frankly I have not come across many tables which allow maintaienence through both SM30 and SE11. Normally one is enough.

What you are getting is normal SAP behaviour and you should really be bothered about it.

Frankly I dont know why you need SE11 maintaienence when you have SM30 view activated.

Please award points accordingly.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ruchit,

I havent activated it intially.

Now i have changed the Delivery class and activated the table too.

Still i am not able to edit through Se11

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Vadivambal,

I have just now checked myself and I followed the proceedure i had suggested to you and it worked for me:

Here again are the steps:

1. Go to SE11. Give that table name and then go in change mode.

2. The under delivery and Maintainence choose display maintainence allowed for the field Data Browser/Table view maintainance.

3. Save the changes and then activate the table (CTRL+F3)

4. Come out of SE11 and then again enter into it for the same table (either in display or change mode)

4. Now go to utilities,then choose table contents and then choose create entries.

This should work for you.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Junaid,

If i change the delivery class to L i am getting the below error messge when i generate maintenance object for table

Table/view "Ztable" is not active.

What it actuall does when we change the delivery class to L

Dear Regar ,

I dont find any of such option in Attribute tab.

Dear Ruchit,

yes i did.

But still i am not able to edit though se11.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Changing the table to the Delivery class L makes it as a temporary table for storing the data. Did you activate the table. As mentioned by Ruchit, table maintainance generator is not required in this case as SM30 is already allowed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vadivambal,

Just now you mention Ztable is not active. Are you sure that it is active?Also delivery class change is not needed.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Message was edited by:

Ruchit Khushu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ruchit/Junaid ,

Thanks for your reply.

How do i check the option table maintenance allowed in se11

I did the following

Se11->entered table name->clicked on change mode->delivery&maintenance->databrowser/table view maintence-> have selected display maintenance is allowed from the drop down list.

Still i am not able to eidt the table entries through Se11

Award you with points if your solution works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadivambal,

Do the following:

Se11->enter table name->click on change mode->go to attributes and then to check box-->table maintainence allowed.

Check the check box first. Only then will you be able to do data maintaienance thru SE11 and SE16.

Ask any of your ABAP guys do it. They will know it very well.

Please try this out and let me know.

Please award points if solved.

Regar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadivambal,

Please do the following

1. SE11 enter table name

2. Go to Attributes tab and click on Delivery and maintenance

3. Change the delivery class to ‘L’

4. Follow the path Utilities -> Table maintenance generator

5. Change the recording routine ( bottom of the screen) to NO, or user.

6. Activate the table, do NOT recreate the table maintenance routines

**Reward points accordingly

Junaid

Message was edited by:

Mohammed Junaid Ahmed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Junaid,

I think there ias no need to go to table maintainance generator for this. SM30 maintainence is already allowed.

Hi Vadivambal,

I just noticed that on higher SAP releases (ECC 6.0) SE11 maintainence is done in different way. What you have done is correct. Did you save and reactivate the table after you did:

<b>Se11->entered table name->clicked on change mode->delivery&maintenance->databrowser/table view maintence-> have selected display maintenance is allowed from the drop down list.</b>

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadivambal,

All the tables will not have the option to create /change/delete records in SE11.

Those tables that are marked with the table maintenance allowed option checked will have theoption to be maintained through se11

Using SM30,tables for which the table maintenance is generated can be maintained.

Please check the below links for more details

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/cf/21ed2d446011d189700000e8322d00/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/a7/5133ac407a11d1893b0000e8323c4f/frameset.htm

**Award points accordingly

Junaid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vadivambal,

Go to Se11 . Give the table name and go in change mode.

Go to tab strip attributes. Look for the check box Table maintainence allowed. I think it will be unchecked. Check this checkbox to allow table maintainance. Do the reactivation of the table and then try to maintain table entires using Se11.

Please award points if solved.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Message was edited by:

Ruchit Khushu