cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM Order query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am creating QM orders against notification.

But I have to add a purchase order everytime.... It is not allowing me to create QM order if I enters Material.

Is there anyway I can process it without a PO.

Best Regards

G

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jat,

Please check the below few system Setups at your system for QM order configurations -

A. Quality Management => Environment => Central Functions => Maintain QM Order Types

a) Maintain Order Types -----> Check what all order types are having order category = 06 [QM Order]. Make a list of these order types. Yes - it's there as you are able to create QM order.

b) Maintain Costing Parameter for Q-Costs-Order Types by Plant -----> For your concerned plant, please check if the previously found order type added. Yes - it's there as you are able to create QM order.

B. Quality Notifications => Notification Processing => Define Costing Parameters

a) Costing Parameters for QM Orders -----> For your plant, check the order type to find out if a costing variant is maintained [PPP2]. Yes - it's there as you are able to create QM order.

b) Costing Variant for Notifications -----> Check the availability for costing variant. Yes - it's there as you are able to create QM order.

c) Account Assignment for QM Orders -----> For the notification type and plant combination, please check what all setup maintained. For example - Order type, Business Area and Account Assignment Details like Cost Center, CO Area, etc.

I believe for your case, it's picking the Cost Center + CO Area which is more related to purchase process, than material's cost center + CO Area. You can try creating an internal CO order and assign this here, relevant to Material and test , if that is working fine. Please can you speak to your FI-CO consultant for further inputs in this regards to check if this is maintained correctly.

Thanks,

Arijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arijit,

Thanks for the wonderfully explained scenario technique 🙂

a) Costing Parameters for QM Orders -----> For your plant, check the order type to find out if a costing variant is maintained [PPP2]. Yes - it's there as you are able to create QM order.

***I found that I have PPP3 variant maintained.

c) Account Assignment for QM Orders -----> For the notification type and plant combination, please check what all setup maintained. For example - Order type, Business Area and Account Assignment Details like Cost Center, CO Area, etc.

I believe for your case, it's picking the Cost Center + CO Area which is more related to purchase process, than material's cost center + CO Area. You can try creating an internal CO order and assign this here, relevant to Material and test ,

***I found I have not entered any Internal order or Cost center/CO area.... but I have only entered Business area and Ordertype QN01.

Other thing is in my whole process KP26 is the only place where I am using cost center, to enter the activity/price etc.

Best Regards,

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jat,

KP26 is to maintain the relevant costs against cost Center/Activity Types, for periods. But the internal costs are captured from the process and I think you are creating QM order form notification, which is working fine for you.

So please can you speak to your FICO consultant on this setup and fix the issue.

Thanks,

Arijit

Answers (0)