cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP to Proxy synchronous timeout error in soap sender channel..

former_member305064
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Experts,

I have done a soap to Proxy synchronous scenario in PI 7.11 and it working fine but since last month i'm getting the status as Log version in Moni with no call adapter step and at the same time in the soap sender communication channel i'm seeing the below error and in the moni i'm seeing the Queue status as stopped. No entires in the SMq2. Moreover this issue happening for some messages only and remaining messages are processing fine.

error in the soap sender channel: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessageExpiredException: Message (OUTBOUND) expired.

For the above exception i tried to increase the xiadapter.inbound.timeout.default propery to 6 minutes in the XI adapter in the configuration management but no use. I tried to replicate the issue in QA but there for the same payload i'm getting the response to my soap UI without issues.

Please tell me what might be the possible cause for this issue and what will will be the solution.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Have you tried to set an external breakpoint in the ABAP receiver code?, may be the problem is in that code that it takes a long time, depending your functional purpose you can try to give back a response before the processing or to improve the ABAP processing. Even if you get to ride the timeout it is not a good idea to have a synchronous process a lot of time running, you could overload your system PI or the ECC.

Regards.

former_member305064
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Vila,

Thanks for the response.

i dont know much about ABAP but my thinking is that if this program taking long time to execute some of the messages then definitely it should not process the 165 MB file but in my case 165MB file processed with in seconds. moreover sometimes i observed even 13 MB file is failing to get the response.

Please let me know what might be the cause for this issue and also the solution.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Sometimes the ABAP processing can be different and the problem could not be in the file size. For example if the file throw a BAPI (module function) in ABAP that it works sometimes (depending of the data) with a huge table without index in the selection developed, it can affect to processing time.

If i was you and i had not developed the ABAP i will take manually the problematic payloads and to send them to the quality system, before i would talk with the ABAP team to set a breakpoint and they will can study if there are any performance issue in the ABAP processing.

Regards.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member305064
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vila/Praveen,

Thanks for the response.

I'll try to replicate this in my QA check with ABAP programmer and will get back to you.

But my doubt is why there is no call adapter step in the pipeline steps in moni..That i mentioned in screen shot in the first step

former_member305064
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Mark,

Thanks for the quick response..

Here i have seen the max file size processed successfully is 165 MB in prod and also i observed that even small files around 20 MB files are also not processing in some cases in prod. Here in my observation file size is not causing the issue.

Please let me know your thoughts...

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

I meant in the icm settings (RZ11). It is very much possible that QA/Prod has a bigger threshold than your dev. SAP recommended is around 5MB though. Why are you sending files that big?

Regards,

Mark

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Check is there any short dumps when you dont get the response, i guess in the proxy code it is going to short dump that is why you are not getting the response coming back to PI.

Regards,

Praveen.

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

How about the message size e.g icm/HTTP/max_request_size_KB, have you compared the settings in dev and qa?

Regards,

Mark

former_member305064
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Mark,

Thanks for the response.

As per your comets i have compared the icm/HTTP/max_request_size_KB value in both QA and prod and they are same(1048576 KB).

Please let me know any other thoughts on this and also for the cause for the issue.

About the large file this may vary no command over the file size.