Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MDG Implementation timelines & Criteria

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone

I am Deepak, associated with SCN for longer time. I am new to SAP MDG area and in need of some information. I was wondering if can get some help/inputs here.

1. What is typical SAP MDG implementation timeline?

2. Does this depends on number of objects , number of records, systems etc. or there could be some other criteria as well?

3. If I have to implement SAP MDG for a FMCG for objects like BIG 3 & Financials then how much time it would take to implement the solution, I know 

this question is related with above two.

4. It is just one SAP ECC instance running with no other system in place. I believe Co deployment of MDG would be a good option?
    Also SAP RDS would help here as well?

Many Thanks in advance !!

Regards,

Deepak Gupta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

1. What is typical SAP MDG implementation timeline?

Implementation efforts vary. The activation and test of the typical MDG applications in a single development environment can be achieved the realization phase approximately 10 - 15 weeks.

That too depend on the consultant to implement the MDG.

2. Does this depends on number of objects , number of records, systems etc. or there could be some other criteria as well?

Yes, its depend on the number of objects and records only.

3. If I have to implement SAP MDG for a FMCG for objects like BIG 3 & Financials then how much time it would take to implement the solution, I know

Its depend on the objects, it will take time to implement.

4.It is just one SAP ECC instance running with no other system in place. I believe Co deployment of MDG would be a good option?

Also SAP RDS would help here as well?

As per the Landscape design we could recommend the Co deployed/ Hub system.

A recommended starting point for sizing a baseline implementation of MDG is the RDS for Master Data governance. The RDS package has well defined build blocks or scope options.

Details on the RDS can be found in Service Market Place -> (http://service.sap.com/rds-mdgca)

Regards,

A.Madhu Kumar