cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BW/BI Content

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am reading the config guide building block CED.  One of the steps covers activation of SAP Netweaver BW BI content. Until now I had not been aware of BW being interfaced with yMkt. The config guide presents the technical steps but says little about the underlying process. Does this content act as an inbound interface (i.e. BW data loaded to yMkt) or is BW used to report on the contents of yMkt?

Thanks

Cliff

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cliff,

this has nothing to do with BW Data load into yMKT, It´s about reporting KPI directly integrated into yMKT. It also a step in the installation Tasks.

BI content will appear only if your system is a Development & Configuration and the current client is also the dedicated BI client.

If the BI client is different (exemple in 200 and not 100), the installation will be stopped and you will be asked to execute transaction BSANLY_BI_ACTIVATION in the BI client.

It was very difficult for us to finish this part. The system shows BI Content as activated but the task runs to error ask you to activate BI Content and cannot overpass this step, so we run the remaining task manually.

BR

Yoro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for that. I have now found further references in the building block guide CEB-Basic Settings. From this I get the impression that for version 1511 BW/BI is a mandatory component. They state

"SAP Hybris Marketing requires a BW client in the Hybris Marketing system to enable the activation of Business Intelligence (BI) content."

Is that your understanding?

Thanks

Cliff

Former Member
0 Kudos

With regards to the problem you face having different clients for BW and yMkt have you read CEB Building Block section 3.4. It says

"This chapter describes the implementation steps required to configure operational analytics and the easy query environment. These capabilities are required to activate SAP NetWeaver BI content for SAP Hybris Marketing. You only must implement the settings described in the following sub chapters if your BW client is not the same as the one in which Hybris Marketing is set up."

Also in CED page 13 it states

"In case the BW client of your ABAP system does not correspond to the Hybris Marketing client, you must have implemented the settings described in the Configuration of Operational Analytics and Easy Query Environment chapters of the Basic Settings for Hybris Marketing (CEB) configuration guide.

In the case of separate clients, the wizard execution might stop at the  Set up BW Client and SAP HANA Connection for Operational Data Provisioning step. In this case we recommend to stop the initial setup execution via wizard. Instead, open the  CUAN_INITIAL_SETUP_x task list run in transaction STC02 and resume the initial setup here by choosing Start/Resume Task List Run in Background (F9)."

Cheers

Cliff

Answers (0)