cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goods issue date in VL10C - SAP AFS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I am using SAP AFS system.

Can anyone explain what is this goods issue date in VL10C means?

Right now, my process of creating delivery notes is to insert dates week by week, one at a time, to include dates up till 12 weeks ahead.

No one can give me a definite answer in my organization why do we have to do that, wonder can anyone in this forum explain?

Thanks a lot!

Eg as below in goods issue date (one week at a time) up till  12 wks ahead

25.01.2016 to 31.01.2016

01.02.2016 to 07.02.2016

08.02.2016 to 14.02.2016

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The goods issue date in VL10C as selection criteria is the same date that you can see in the sales order item as goods issue date in schedule line data, shipping tab.

As to why your company wants you to use that field as a selection criteria in addition to delivery creation date multiple times per day - I don't really know, maybe they are concerned about performance or you have some very specific cutoff times, but then why they have not forced you to set the shipping point, a value, which would make even more sense from business perspective.

As an end user, you can make the things a bit easier for your daily tasks if you create variants of VL10C with dynamic date calculation rules for goods issue date, so that you do not have to type the values every time (if you have authorization for variant creation) or ask the consultant if he can do that for you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi thanks for the reply.

As for the shipping point in VL10C - yes we are also inputting it.

I am in the sales order under shipping, can you tell me which dates is the goods issue date?

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In AFS the screens are slightly different, unfortunately I have no access to such system, so we will need to figure it out together.

Do you have a way to navigate to schedule lines by selecting an item? In my system it looks like that:

After pressing the button I get to a screen that looks such as this:

Then I press the button and see the date:

If there are no buttons/screens that resemble mine, try to navigate from the menu goto->item->schedule lines and then search a suitable button:

An alternative and probably more efficient way to see this information (but I am not sure whether you will have sufficient authorizations) is VA05. After you select the list of orders, there would be an option to choose a layout (from the menu Settings->Layout->Choose). Pick the layout for schedule lines. In my IDES sandbox it is named 3SAP.

Then you will see goods issue date in the list: