cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change sales order document type to control the invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Presently we are set the xxx sales document type (cash sale) to create the invoice ( through batch job) irrespective of goods has been shipped or not from system. Now we want this Sales document type should follow the same configuration of standard order process i.e  the invoice should not get create untill the goods are shipped. please explain the steps to be followed.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If I have understood you correctly, you (or your colleagues) have deliberately butchered the standard setup for cash sales by removing copy routine 002 for no apparent reason.

I fail to see the added business value in that: the customer has already taken the products, paid based on the values from the proforma printout and left the shop, so he couldn't care less which time would be most convenient for you to adjust the inventory and issue final invoices (which he doesn't need).

If the only thing you aim to achieve is

the invoice should not get create until the goods are shipped

then the fastest way to repair the damage is to re-introduce copy routine 002, which is used to prevent people from creating a final invoice for cash sales before posting the goods movement.

If you really wish to a the exact same setup in cash sales as for standard order processing, then the closest thing to standard order processing is to use standard order process (OR->LF->F2). I would think twice before I decide to change the billing relevance and a bunch of other stuff for documents/items currently used in a production environment.

No matter which of the options you choose, I strongly recommend to navigate to the official help site or to the SCN wiki, read about the different SD processes and the underlying settings before performing any configuration changes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaselina,

Thanks for your replay, what you are quoting is correct.  I beg your pardon, the earlier business process explained is not correct, The actual scenario is, The order type is Promo / Sampling orders, In this type of orders we are not specifying any charges. Presently user has the flexibility to raise the invoice / billing document based on the sales order as well as OBD ( Outbound delivery, but we want to make it mandatory to create the invoices only through OBD ( not through sales order). How to achieve it in standard system ?

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is strange, I am not sure whether I understood you correctly.

A billing-relevant order item (not relevant for inter-company process) can be either relevant for order-related or delivery-related process, not both.

You are referring to final billing with accounting posting, not to proforma generation, is this correct?

The items in the sales order should be set as delivery-relevant and you have to maintain properly copy controls in VTFL (similar to how LF->F2 is done for TANN).

If your settings are correct, the delivery number would appear in VKDFS after goods issue is posted and you are able to bill them either with the default billing type set for delivery-related billing in VOV8 or with any other billing type, for which you have maintained copy controls.

I guess that your items are pricing-relevant with 100% discount, so you post to a specific G/L account and reflect that in CO-PA based on KE4I settings for this discount.