Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem generating time data in BWHANA

patrickbachmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

In our Enterprise HANA environments (SPS 8 rev 82) I have generated time data successfully many times using T009 and T009B replicated from SAP source system.  When trying to do the same thing in BW on HANA system (SPS8 rev 85) and choosing FISCAL calendar option it seems to be doing gregorian no matter whether I choose GREGORIAN or FISCAL options.  For example in M_FISCAL_CALENDAR January should be period 5 for us and not period 1.  I've looked at T009 and T009B in the BW system and they appear to be correct and look exactly like the ones in our Enterprise HANA Systems. 

Has anybody seen this behavior?  Does BW on HANA perhaps not use the same T009 and T009B tables like HANA systems that use SLT?

Thanks!

-Patrick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pls. find the SAP Note on the same issue. Looks like a known issue and plan to fix the issue Rev97.

2163334 - Generate Fiscal Time data got incorrect fiscal period

patrickbachmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rupan, thanks for this!  It actually solved my problem.  I had ASSUMED my bw SYSTEM user already had read access to the default schema but when i read the note you provided and double checked I found that indeed they did not!  So I gave them ABAP_READ role and retried and was successful!

Thanks again.

-Patrick

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Patrick,

Could you pls. let me know whether you ran with your User ID or with SYSTEM after granting the ABAP_READ role to SYSTEM.

patrickbachmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I ran with my own user credentials, not SYSTEM. 

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ya, that as per the note Rupan mentioned.

Even if  I use my id, internally SYSTEM would be used.  Something like _SYS_REPO for activation..

Learning new things daily... 

Cheers

Anindya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Partick,

Even when generating the Time Data with SYSTEM user the generated time data is wrong in M_FISCAL_CALENDAR. Its not creating the Time Data as intended. T009B table has got the correct entries.

Did you get a resolution for your issue. If yes, could you pls. share the details.

Thanks

Rupan

patrickbachmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok Rupan I understand.  No unfortunately I'm still having same problem.  I could easily copy the results from my enterprise HANA landscape as a workaround (it works correctly there) but of course I don't want to do this, I want to understand why BW HANA time generation is not working properly.

-Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

We are facing the same issue, could you pls. let me know whether you found a solution for this.

Anindya - To your point I think when activating the Generate Time Data its uses SYSTEM User ID and not the user who is running it. Pls. find the screen shot for your reference.

patrickbachmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rupan,

It sounds like your issue is different.  In your case if you assigned <DEFAULT_SCHEMA>_SELECT_USER role to SYSTEM user they could probably generate the time data.

-Patrick

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick

When you generate time data, it asks for SCHEMA ( for T009 and T009B) and  Fiscal Variant .

Are you not selecting your BW Schema ( where these tables exists ) ?  Does the user id ( which which you are generating time data)  has SELECT access to SAP BW Schema ?

Cheers

Anindya

patrickbachmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anindya,

Yes I choose the BW schema where the tables exist and I can see records are created in M_FISCAL_CALENDAR but they are not correct and don't seem to corelate with the entries in T009 and T009B.

-Patrick

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you ( User id which you are using to generate time data) have access to BW Schema ?

Can you run a select * from T009 and confirm ?

Cheers

Anindya

patrickbachmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes I can access T009 and T009B and I can delete contents of M_FISCAL_CALENDAR and reload and so it doesn't seem to be security issue.  It's just when it reloads it's not matching up correctly to T009/T009B.  It's as if it's disregarding all the values in these files.

-Patrick