cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared fields in QM and PM notifications

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to set the Complaint Field (VIQMEL-RKMNG) in a Q1 and Q2 Quality Notification as a required input field.  When I do so,, the Complaint field in a PM notification also becomes required.  I believe the field is shared.

I am looking for a way to only have the Complaint field in a Q2 and Q3 notification set as required field and NOT have it required in PM Notifications.

Is there possibly a User Exit for this or is this can this be accomplished in Customizing?

Thanks,

Greg

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

I believe you will not need any User Exits to activate such controls, differentially between QM Notifications (Q2/Q3) and PM Notifications (M1..). What you have to do is to create 'Influences' at Notification level against Q2/Q3 notifications in customizing, following the below path -

Quality Management => Quality Notifications => Notification Creation => Notification Type => Define Screen Templates => Field Selection: General Screens => Influencing - Notification type [VIQMEL-QMART] => Q2 / Q3 => You get 'Complaint quantity' - select "Req." radio button => Save.

Once you do this for Q2 and Q3, there will be no impact on any other notification types used in your business.

Thanks,

Arijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arijit,

Thanks for the quick reply.  I learn something new everyday.  Your advice solved my issues.

Thank you!

Greg

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your comments If your issue is resolved, please can you close this thread. 

Thanks,

Arijit

Answers (0)