Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the Activities Before and After - Production System Copy In SAP PI

vishnu_pallamreddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My client is going to copy the PI production system.

What are the Activities Before and After - Production System Copy In SAP PI?

If PI System copied, please let me know whether the interfaces also will be copied or not?

Thanks In Advance,

Vishnu Pallamreddy.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vishnu,

Before Production Copy:

Make sure all the objects are taken backup,For safety you can makeup a note of Endpoint URLS,JMS Queues and other endpoints as well and number of objects.

After Production Copy:

Make sure all the objects are available,connections are established.

vishnu_pallamreddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu and maheswara,

In my project, we have srm ecc crm and pi systems.

now my client going to change PI host in production. that is they are going to build new production system for SAP PI.

So, what are all the transaction codes I need to check after copy.

what are all the RFC destinations I need to check?

If copy takes place, ESR and ID objects also came into new PI system right?

SLD also will be copied right?

Please let me know, whether CC data will be lost or will be there in new production system.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vishnu,

Are you going for new installation or migration or just a system upgrade?

Connection details you need check in SM59.

Copy just for your safety I said,you can save it as TPZ files

vishnu_pallamreddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Raghu,

we are going to change Host of PI system, that is we are going to instal new PI system. and we are copying previous system data to new system.

maheswarareddykonda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

i think if you do system copy, you don't get all ESR and ID objects in new system,

so you suppose to do either transport or manual export and import using file method.

coming to connections, if you have certificate related , keys or extra jar(if you use soap axis) adapters

these all things you need to do manually reconfigure in new system.

and if you have inbound interfaces, again this task you suppose to reconfigure in PI.

if you have outbound interfaces you need to do check update host and port things in existed RFC destinations(if you going obsolete old PI server otherwise need to configure new destinations)

SLD: SLD thing i would suggest do configure manually (you can compare with old SLD)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vishnu,

Refer the below link

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/2047cd8f-fa94-2e10-1f90-8f11dcf0e...

It has upgrade and new installation checkpoints

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

benedikt_bludau2
Participant

Hello Vishnu,

I think your basis will make the system copy. I think they know how to do this.

At the moment I think on following transactions. This is not a complete guide for a system copy.

SLICENSE--> After changing the SID or the hardware, you need a new license.

BDLS--> Change SID and logical System name.

SECSTORE --> System data changed --> When your Kernel is actual, you don´t need to do this.

SMT1/SMT2 --> check Trusting Connections

BD97 --> Check for the right RFC-Connections

SE06 --> For Transport Organizer

BD54 --> Logical Systems

WE11 --> Delete old IDocs

RZ10 --> Check Profiles for Hostname and SID

STMS --> Check for right transport settings, etc.

WE20 --> Ports for IDoc Processing (not the XI IDoc Adapter)

WE21 --> Partner profiles for IDocs

SCC4 --> Check Client name and Logical system name

RZ700 --> check for the right SLD

SLDCHECK --> Check connection to your SLD

SM59 --> Check the RFC-Connections

Your Basis know this transactions. I think you'll have to check the PI settings by yourself.

SWF_XI_CUSTOMIZING --> Check this transaction for the BPM runtime. Is everything green?

IDX1 --> Check the RFC Destination for the IDoc Ports of the XI IDoc Adapter

IDX2 --> Delete old IDoc Metadata.

SLDAPICUST --> check for the right SLD.

SXMB_ADM --> Integraton Engine Configuration --> Configuration --> Here are the parameters from your Integration Server. Check the parameter "CENTRAL_SYSTEM".

exchange profile --> http://<host>:<port>/exchangeProfile --> Check for right users, passwords, name of the integration server,...

Then check the Wizards (in the NWA) "PI System Copy" (SAP Note 1299373) and the wizard "PI Self Test" for NetWeaver" (SAP Note 1286149).

I think, your SLD, ESR and the content of your Integration Builder is also copyed. To be sure, you can export the ESR content and the Content of your Integration Builder in a tpz-file. In the past, after a system copy (without changing the SID), I had problems to Import the Content in the Integration  Builder. It was not possible. Whether it is now possible, I do not know. To Import the Content in the ESR is no problem.

In Integration Builder, you can klick with the right mouse on a Scenario and choose Copy Object and then choose Continue. Now you can change the Source System (productive) to a new System (development).  In this Wizard you can copy the configuration locally and change the SIDs from the scenarios. Then you do not need to reconfigure all scenarios. Then you only have to adjust the communication chanels.

I hope this is helpful,

best regards,

Benedikt

maheswarareddykonda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

As far as i know , if you do System copy from Production/Quality to Development, you must check RFC destinations HOST and Port things.

if you have any ICO for outbound proxy's , you must have sxmb_adm config at ECC side, there you have to recheck that curect destination is pointing to PI or not.

i would say finally you suppose to concentrate on more config related.